Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I was at Willy level with the pack when he stood on their heads to take VFL Mark of the Year in 2018, and I was level with this once tonight. Both all-time hangers.

I love this bloke. Twice as good as any other Tiger tonight.

Reactions: 2 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
I saw Disco's mark in 79. This one is one the same pedestal. We have never been a huge marking side. When you go through the great marks videos there are not that many tiger marks. But thanks $hai we got an all timer last night.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Like Disco's mark, the freeze frame gives greater perspective to the height he reached than the actual video.

And as for the lack of great Tiger marks, Raines and Michael Mitchell say hello.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

Brilliant photo of it here captured by Michael Wilson.

That's the best mark I've ever seen live by a Tiger. Mark of the year stitched up for sure.

BT's calling of it was terrible BTW.

Shai was easily our best again last night. How's that signature going?

Yep, was absolutely one of the best sights I've seen watching footy, the crowd went nuts and the murmur of what we had just seen lingered long :) :clap2o_O.
You just had to be there live to experience it.

As for the rest of the game:(

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Yep, was absolutely one of the best sights I've seen watching footy, the crowd went nuts and the murmur of what we had just seen lingered long :) :clap2o_O.
You just had to be there live to experience it.

As for the rest of the game:(

Just listened to SEN Crunch Time, Leppa said Shai's mark was the best mark he's seen live and he has watched a lot of footy.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
how high is he
Higher than Joe Cocker of course.

Gets some magical air time does Shai. Simply fail to understand how a young kid with all the party tricks in the book doesn't get picked up early in his draft year.
Always thought that drafting of kids was all about finding exceptional talent, then nurturing and developing that talent with professional fitness standards and personal growth.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just replayed Huddo's commentary on Bolts' mark. Brilliant call. That's why he's a universe in front of other current commentators.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Little blokes taking big hangs on big blokes always looks better. And last nites was so clean, almost made it look easy.

Bolton is so unique, not sure anyone else has a skill set like him. Win clearances, untouchable in traffic, sits on heads, weapon out of the goal square. Critical piece of the puzzle.

Bums on seat footballer. Incredible to think what he is in three years. Top 10 player in the game in 2024 is possible.

Reactions: 4 users