Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Needs quality around him, so he can exploit the opposition. Without it, he gets a lot more attention and needs to do more of his own work.....
Hmmmm indeed
But he probably wants $800K a year for others to get him the ball. Who does he think he is? Brad Hill? Zac Williams??

Seriously Shai needs to step up. He has the talent and he has to lead the way. The hype does not match the output this year.

Reactions: 2 users

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Been playing like a millionaire a fair bit since the Dreamtime game. Frustrating.

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Been reading his own press and drinking his own bathwater. Short stepped on at least one occasion today. Has been very disappointing for a player that looked ready to stand up and lead; to take the next step.

Is he worth the contract he wants?

Reactions: 1 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Dimma would’ve challenged him this week, you can take that to the bank.

Ego goes up, market price goes down.

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Let’s slow down on the Bolton bashing. Still young and we are asking him to play the role of Martin, Prestia Etc

Reactions: 7 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I reckon he's already gone. Only partly interested. Chalk and cheese to Shai last year and early this year.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Let’s slow down on the Bolton bashing. Still young and we are asking him to play the role of Martin, Prestia Etc
something's up. Ideally we'd like him to step up, but at least play well, he's doing the opposite. Injured? Drinking his own bathwater? Signed with another side?

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Ralph Carr has reportedly told him that the best place for him at the moment is at Richmond. His family have told him to stay here if he is happy.

He has put his contract talks on hold until the end of the season.

Not sure what the go is here, but I have heard that Freo can't offer him a much better deal money wise than we can.

Certainly his recent form is not driving his price right up.

Reactions: 3 users

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
The other teams are putting a lot of work into him now. He no longer flies under the radar and he is struggling to deal with it. He will get better.

Reactions: 3 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Not sure he’s much better then Cerra , gives nothing defensively
Respect your posting a large amount Mr B. But that's not right.

Shai is 10 times the player Cerra is.

His head wasn't in the game today, and I'm getting nervous, but he's a match winner than can do things most of the comp can't.

We need to sign him

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004

His head wasn't in the game today, and I'm getting nervous, but he's a match winner than can do things most of the comp can't.

We need to sign him
Sarah vs $hai is a non event
Id take $hai every day of the week

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang

We need to sign him
thanks Mcr , will have to disagree on this , however I do hope he stays , In saying that I think we have got to excited by the X factor stuff with Bolton , yes does some brilliant stuff, however ads very little when he dosent have the ball, seems to miss a hell of a lot important of set shots and I think he’s field kicking is overrated, Again don’t get me wrong I want him to stay a Tiger, however I dont think he’s worth what is reported his asking for. On Cerra I’m going by others high rating probaly more then what I’ve seen myself , did do well from what I saw today. Thing with Cerra is he is hard 2 way runner with very good skills , that’s something we really need.

Lets hope we have both in 2022

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
With Dusty out Bolton takes on the best defensive midfielder. I just don't think he's the type to carry the main focus. Just has no support atm and can't be too harsh on just the one part of the cog.