Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
I saw plenty of effort, but he's a bit out of form. Was better in the 2nd half but his kicking has deserted him.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
How many centre square bounces did he attend? From memory barley any. Yet he is one of our best clearance players.

That’s on the coaches.

Reactions: 7 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
should've played some midfield time.. goes the hog up forward at times ...

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Talking of him as purely a Richmond player , the 2 things that worry me most about giving him a big contract 1 the amount of times he runs under the ball and 2 how often he missses goals at crucial times in games .

Reactions: 5 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
How many centre square bounces did he attend? From memory barley any. Yet he is one of our best clearance players.

That’s on the coaches.
Interesting call SA, was wondering the same thing, he seems to play one week in the middle, next week forward, I’m not making any excuses for him, he’s way too talented to have as little impact as he has in quite a few games this year , wether it be as a forward or midfielder .

Reactions: 1 user

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
He hasn't been himself since the dream time game. just wondering if he knows he's leaving and losing interest. hope I'm wrong but he's playing nowhere near what he's capable of

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
He has always slightly ballooned the ball on his kicking and he has never been a good set shot. Missed all snaps and you would expect at least a 50 50 return

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Whether he is going or not this is going to be our most interesting off season since 16

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
I’m resisting the temptation to be ok with a trade.

The truth is he is the only x-factor mid / forward we have in the age bracket.

Plus, he’s a brother. I don’t want him to leave.

Reactions: 2 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
I think he’s a great player with the potential to be superstar elite. But he has to want to stay at a price we can afford. It’s about team result & I like many lived through the era where we paid too much to too few. Got us nowhere. Just wish he’d hurry up & decide.

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
I’m resisting the temptation to be ok with a trade.

The truth is he is the only x-factor mid / forward we have in the age bracket.

Plus, he’s a brother. I don’t want him to leave.
I definitely don't want him to leave but if he doesn't want to be there then we get the best deal we can for him.

Reactions: 2 users

Tames

Tiger Superstar
Apr 3, 2005
Melbourne
If he wants to stay, I hope he stays. If he wants to leave, I hope he leaves (and we get an early first round pick)

But I want him to stay :)