Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Id be going to Freo and saying give us 2 first rounders and you have a deal. While still young not sure Bolton will ever have the mental strength to become anything more than a highlight package. Put it this way. Id be re-signing Stack and Rioli before Bolton

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Has the kid burnt out somewhat this year with all his extra midfield time, although he hasnt been the same after his injury.

Out of form and had a lot asked of him this year.

Looking forward to 2022 Shai he will tear it up I reckon.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I thought he was terrible. Very little intensity & it cost us.
The back half of his year suggests he's made his mind up to leave. hope I'm mistaken. Time will tell.

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Interesting call SA, was wondering the same thing, he seems to play one week in the middle, next week forward, I’m not making any excuses for him, he’s way too talented to have as little impact as he has in quite a few games this year , wether it be as a forward or midfielder .
We are wanting him to be the next Martin. But that he ain’t. He needs to master one position first. For me he too talented not to play as a pure mid. Especially now where our greatest need is in the guts. Clearance is king in this game.

Reactions: 1 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
He doesn’t win enough easy ball as a forward for me - especially with his pace and leap. He should be able to get away from his defender more than he does. Prefer him as a mid who rests forward occasionally - his elusiveness & creativity is better seen there.

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
i think hes going, and has told them.
i think he has asked to have the last few games of the year out of the middle clearences to save injury/bang and crash.

I think he is playing bruise free footy.

hope im wrong.

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
How many centre square bounces did he attend? From memory barley any. Yet he is one of our best clearance players.

That’s on the coaches.
THIS.

He has the ability to absolutely spark us. Baker too.

We had nothing to lose and we're getting smashed in clearances as usual. Yet he's played forward.

Crap coaching. Cotch and Edwards were way off, but still played in the middle

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
i think he has asked to have the last few games of the year out of the middle clearences to save injury/bang and crash.

hope im wrong.
There is no way that coverstion took place. He hs just been disappointing but I would like to see him start in more centre bounces.

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
not at our club, but i know there has been players who, in the last 3 or 4 games of the season have told their club they are going the following season.

Have then said, look ill be out injured the last 3 rounds (cue in the rack) or play me out of the action so to speak.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Essendon you will find
Checked out 3 weeks ago
Pathetic today
Wanted to take Mark of the Year every time high ball comes in
I can understand going to Perth for family.
But the bummers! GAGF!
All I’ll say is I want Balme to walk into the bummers office, shades on. Sit down at Dodo’s desk, puts his feet up showing off his snake skin boots. Lights a cigar and blows the smoke in Dodo’s face and say “ Show me the money”

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011

hope im wrong.

So this is what happened?

Shai: Hey Dimma, I'm leaving for Freo at the end of the year. Sorry mate, but want to head home.

Dimma: Bugger. Oh well. We might as well play you for the few games we have remaining.

Shai: Yeah thanks. Oh by the way, don't play me as an inside mid as I don't want to get injured before I go to Freo.

Dimma: Yeah no probs Shai. That sounds like a reasonable request. Wouldn't want Freo's prized recruit to get injured.

Shai: Awesome, thanks Dimma.

Dimma: No probs Shai. Anything else?

Shai: Not at the moment, but if I think of anything I'll let you know.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
not saying he has said this but others have

"Hey coach,im out of here at seasons end"
"Id prefer not to play the last couple of games, hamstring tightness or surgery"

"i could play but not in the guts" player plays and plays bruise free.

trust me, its happened.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Shai started the game on Cerra.

Very different players. On face value Cerra wiped the floor with our Shai.

Most importantly, Shai works (Richmond style) to hurt. And he got goal shots. And he msised one, and then another. And then one more. Shai can be flaky around goal and can play better that he did today.