Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
a bit selfish yesterday.
but maybe indicative of the lack of trust in the forward line.

Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
a bit selfish yesterday.
but maybe indicative of the lack of trust in the forward line.
Checked out?
Dissapiunted in him.
If he wants out or talking to WA clubs his call but should have been playing midfield that last.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
not at our club, but i know there has been players who, in the last 3 or 4 games of the season have told their club they are going the following season.

Have then said, look ill be out injured the last 3 rounds (cue in the rack) or play me out of the action so to speak.
It definitely happens. Last year Norf told a bunch of players 3 rounds out from the end of the season that they were done.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
It definitely happens. Last year Norf told a bunch of players 3 rounds out from the end of the season that they were done.
A club telling players to look for options for the following season is a bit different than a player telling the club they are leaving and wont try for the last few games, but playing anyway.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
A club telling players to look for options for the following season is a bit different than a player telling the club they are leaving and wont try for the last few games, but playing anyway.
Yeah sorry. Wrong way round after a re read. A two way street, anyway.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
We were crying out for him to stand up & deliver some match winning type stuff. Had chances & moments to but just couldn't deliver unfortunately.

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
So this is what happened?

Shai: Hey Dimma, I'm leaving for Freo at the end of the year. Sorry mate, but want to head home.

Dimma: Bugger. Oh well. We might as well play you for the few games we have remaining.

Shai: Yeah thanks. Oh by the way, don't play me as an inside mid as I don't want to get injured before I go to Freo.

Dimma: Yeah no probs Shai. That sounds like a reasonable request. Wouldn't want Freo's prized recruit to get injured.

Shai: Awesome, thanks Dimma.

Dimma: No probs Shai. Anything else?

Shai: Not at the moment, but if I think of anything I'll let you know.
lol classic

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
" has Committed to Tigers" according to SEN just now. NO details of contract length. good news. I thought he was more likely to go than stay.

Reactions: 8 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Great to hear he has recommitted. $600,000 a fair price too, could have gotten a lot more elsewhere. Now the list management team will probably turn to Stack and the unenviably job of picking between Chol and CCJ.

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
" has Committed to Tigers" according to SEN just now. NO details of contract length. good news. I thought he was more likely to go than stay.
Sam Edmunds suggesting $600k per year but no length of term.
*Two years would take him to free agency. Anything more would be a bonus for us

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Great to hear he has recommitted. $600,000 a fair price too, could have gotten a lot more elsewhere. Now the list management team will probably turn to Stack and the unenviably job of picking between Chol and CCJ.
$600K will be cheap in hindsight. He's a kid with plenty of improvement in him still. Hasn't looked like he's playing with any joy or spark. Hopefully this news is correct.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Anyway, great news.

"Now, Adam. Shai has signed on for a lot less than he could have got at Freo. Your turn."

Reactions: 3 users