Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Great first half but was barely sighted after that. He's always damaging with the ball in space but we couldn't get it to him enough in the 2nd half.

Reactions: 1 user

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
The problem he had today was he was expected to do all the hard lifting and still be at the spot for a goal sneak. Still a kid and needs to get his temperament right bfore he can elevate to superstar status

Reactions: 1 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Was he emotional? I wouldn't know. I've never had an emotion. My twin brother says that all emotions are lies after the event. So I guess he must have had one.

Has Shai been getting the ball? Gets plenty a CBA. He's had 16, 17, 14 so far. The bloke's not getting the ball. He's outta form.

But he kicks goals and looks pretty. We can now see what that's worth.

It's not a disaster. It's R3. But Shai has to get more ball.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Was he emotional? I wouldn't know. I've never had an emotion. My twin brother says that all emotions are lies after the event. So I guess he must have had one.

Has Shai been getting the ball? Gets plenty a CBA. He's had 16, 17, 14 so far. The bloke's not getting the ball. He's outta form.

He needs to get more of the ball and stop giving away stupid free kicks and 50 metre penalties.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Agree. He's kicking more goals (getting a lot of shots out of the centre bounces) but he has gone backwards from last year at this stage. Disposals are down (mostly the uncontested ones so getting involved in less chains), stoppage clearances are down. He averaged nearly 20 disposals last year, down to under 16. I think most were expecting him to push forwards and be into the 20's for disposals so we definitely need him to be getting more of the footy.

Reactions: 1 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin

Can you please provide us with an acronym directory jack?

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Best player we have.
If he goes get ready for some bleak years
Dustin Martin and Shai Bolton are the 2 players who hold the control over this teams fortunes in the near to mid term.

If Dustin walks away and Shai is enticed to go home (and WCE will have some serious coin available in the next year or three with retirements) the RFC is gonna be in a world of hurt.

Martin (at this stage), Balta, Bolton and Gibcus are the foundations of the next push, hopefully the l;ikes of Sonsie, Moju, and Browne join them.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Dustin Martin and Shai Bolton are the 2 players who hold the control over this teams fortunes in the near to mid term.

If Dustin walks away and Shai is enticed to go home (and WCE will have some serious coin available in the next year or three with retirements) the RFC is gonna be in a world of hurt.

Martin (at this stage), Balta, Bolton and Gibcus are the foundations of the next push, hopefully the l;ikes of Sonsie, Moju, and Browne join them.
In the time I've followed this club we have been really good at keeping players.
The top 5 to leave Ottens Maxfield Poole Wilson & Deledio
Cloke, Raines & Wood was a massive hit considering Wood played in a GF for Essendon and Raines & Cloke still had 7-8 years left I'm there careers.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
He's getting manhandled at many contests. Not too many frees coming his way though. Hasn't received one in 3 games.
No wonder he's getting frustrated.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Bolton is a very good forward ,and decent pinch hitter in the midfield ,but he's not a permanent midfielder ,think Cyril Rioli ,Shai is very much the same type.