Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Like Dusty, Shai gets me on the edge of my seat whenever the ball is in his vicinity. Excitement machine.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Absolutely turned the game around in the 2nd. Thank he had 13 disposals. Only 7 for the 3 others unfortunately. I do think he:a a bit inconsistent but that's what he is, an explosive player.
Shai was a bit quieter overall than some of his other games, but that's probably not surprising with the type of player he is. Reckon there's hundreds of players can churn along all game n get mid twenties or more possessions n barely influence a game. Not many in the comp can stand a game on its head, put the fear n panic into opponents n inspire the rest of his side like Shai can. Lucky for us we've got the Dusty one n his heir apparent on the overlap.

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
17 clubs will come hard for him next year.
Especially with Ralphy Carr shopping him around.
Best investment club signs up now 5yrs 800k.

• Angry

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
ATM he is our most brilliant player. In time young Dustin Martin may surpass him. But as at R9 2022 that hasn't happened.

Our Shai is dominant. Historic.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Question without notice - is he as good as Whatsis *smile* Langdon? Several classes above all but two Melbourne smalls. All but two Melbourne players. But give him time.

We look like *smile* warmed up right now but the season is not over.

And there is nothing around. Shai is now playing with authority. Respect.

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Players in the league that average more than 19 possessions and 2 goals.

1. Shai Bolton

That is the list

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Gotta say I enjoyed buckleys’ commentary.

He did keep wanting to talk about how good shai was. (And that Pickett did a great fair bump)

Reactions: 4 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Players in the league that average more than 19 possessions and 2 goals.

1. Shai Bolton

That is the list
That’s huge isn’t it , so rare and important those types of players .

Its about to change rapidly, however surprisingly he averages less then a goal a game 76 to 75 ;) , that’s not a bad start to a career considering he should have the best 5 years of he’s career ahead of him

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang

He did keep wanting to talk about how good shai was. (And that Pickett did a great fair bump)
I don’t mind Bucks , he’s footy nous is obviously bloody good an seems to genuinely love the game with his calling

Reactions: 8 users

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004

Genuine insight and strategic commentary. Better than an option to mute all commentary.

Reactions: 3 users

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
I agree I think he's one of the the better commentators
[off topic] Buckses call of the sheer precision of the pass from Rioli to Soldo was interesting. I reckon that is exactly what he would have done as a player himself. Had some of the best control I've seen off the boot. I've always enjoyed listening to him talk about footy. But his wordiness makes me wonder, if I was a player, would he be able to communicate to me? Or would the message get lost?

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Shai will stay. It will cost others though.
Not necessarily
If we stick to the draft
Edwards Cotchin Riewoldt will all be long gone.
Dusty 2 yrs left.
There's cash there.
Late last year 650-750k 5 yrs wouldve done it.
It wouldve been at bargin/super savers pricing.
Now he is easily worth about 800-950k.
West Coast will come hard, but I can't see Bolton playing at WC and Freo are just shiit.

Reactions: 1 users