Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Could be anything. When he realises that he's better than 99% of the comp then get your popcorn ready

Reactions: 1 users

Mycotchinrules

Mar 17, 2014
Nah, just joking around. Shai probably already knows he is better than 99% of the oppo
Yeah it's hard to know mate. He's an absolute freak, but geez, if he has a bit more composure in that snap we win it.

I honestly can't tell if he knows he's a superstar.

Reactions: 3 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Yeah it's hard to know mate. He's an absolute freak, but geez, if he has a bit more composure in that snap we win it.

I honestly can't tell if he knows he's a superstar.

Easy to boil it down to that moment, plenty of others where we didn't capitalise. Thought he was dangerous throughout.

Mycotchinrules

Mar 17, 2014
Make no mistake he is a superstar.
No doubt.

It was interesting when we rolled the dice after Dion got sniped by the gutless unaccountable squib.

We had nothing to lose.

If I'm in the box, I throw bakes AND Shai into the middle. (And dusty one out forward 50)

But dimma chose to keep Shai forward.

Maybe that's why dimma is on huge coin and I'm pacing around the living room seething and smashing Vic Bitters

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
No doubt.

It was interesting when we rolled the dice after Dion got sniped by the gutless unaccountable squib.

We had nothing to lose.

If I'm in the box, I throw bakes AND Shai into the middle. (And dusty one out forward 50)

But dimma chose to keep Shai forward.

Maybe that's why dimma is on huge coin and I'm pacing around the living room seething and smashing Vic Bitters
Bolton has gone past Martin for pure impact. Don’t get me wrong Martin will forever be a champion but Shai is playing like Martin did in our premiership years. Difference only being that Martin always nailed those clutch goals.

Reactions: 4 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Played tall forward in the main. Kicked 3.2. He's a 50/50 on goal. 7 SI, including his 5 shots. 10K, 4HB. No tackles. 4 turnovers. Got on the break to give us connection along the perimeter. 13 pressure acts.

0 clearances. 7 CBAs.

Wrestled with Cameron, a very strong 100kg. (Should have played on.) Marlion came in to help. Marlion is 80kg. Marlion went on with it and would've been worn out but he spared Shai a lot of energy.

The coach was glowing in his praise for Shai's game. Shai was glamourous. Of course. I like blue-collar Shai a lot.

Last edited:

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
He's a great player but his penchant for missing soda goals is extremely frustrating.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Bolton has gone past Martin for pure impact. Don’t get me wrong Martin will forever be a champion but Shai is playing like Martin did in our premiership years. Difference only being that Martin always nailed those clutch goals.
Definitely. Amazing how different their game styles are; one's like a heavyweight boxer barging through, the other a ballerina dancing their way around players. Dusty GOAT coming to the twilight, can never fill his shoes but next best thing is Bolton. Still only 23yo. We absolutely must keep him.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Glimpses. Got a very soft I50 matchup in O'Connor.

Been up and down for a while. Not a bad game. IIRC 17CBAs for 0 clearances. (?)

Flakey around goal? Take that to the bank.

But such a glamour around the perimeter and in the guts when we can get on the burst. Devastating.

Reactions: 1 user