Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
I don't buy into the lazy stuff, so guys just look that way, but one thing he unquestionably slips into too often is being selfish.

We've got this weird contrast going on with a group of guys so hypnotised by this Richmond man, we all love each other, blah, blah that they will do anything but have a shot and over possess the ball, and then a couple of other guys shooting like it's a western.

If we could find the balance our forward efficiency issues would be solved.
I agree with the they're not lazy stuff, I'd say they're more laconic than lazy, it just looks to easy for them compared to the non-natural players - Mark Waugh springs to mind in cricket.

The annoying one from him is not nailing the easy shot, those 20-25 metre dead in front shots he doesn't concentrate on and mostly go for a point or totally misses and they go OOTF to the right.

Comparison before yesterday with similar players up forward and it doesn't include misses, he's probably worse!! :LOL:
Bolton - 101.90 - 52.9%
Butler - 119.66 - 64.3%
Higgins - 87.66 - 56.9%
L Ryan - 122.72 - 62.3%
W Rioli - 63.27 - 70%

His class should be at least high 50's for conversions.

Reactions: 1 users

The Lurker

In Victory We Thrive, Eat Em Alive
Nov 24, 2003
Melbourne
I agree with the they're not lazy stuff, I'd say they're more laconic than lazy, it just looks to easy for them compared to the non-natural players - Mark Waugh springs to mind in cricket.

The annoying one from him is not nailing the easy shot, those 20-25 metre dead in front shots he doesn't concentrate on and mostly go for a point or totally misses and they go OOTF to the right.

Comparison before yesterday with similar players up forward and it doesn't include misses, he's probably worse!! :LOL:
Bolton - 101.90 - 52.9%
Butler - 119.66 - 64.3%
Higgins - 87.66 - 56.9%
L Ryan - 122.72 - 62.3%
W Rioli - 63.27 - 70%

His class should be at least high 50's for conversions.
like the amount of shots he has

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Going at about 50% of 2022 form. Building. Did attend 11 center bounces.

Mix between mid and forward feels right. Needs to lift.

Reactions: 1 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
If there was ever a game we need Shai to stand up and be the best version of himself - its against the Pies this week with the key outs we have.

Reactions: 9 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
For us to get the 4 points tomorrow night , I believe we need Bolton to play a blinder , with Dusty out we need Shai to shine brightly on the Friday night lights :))

Reactions: 6 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Ralphsmith long kick to front of square , comes to front, no crumbers.
Bolton 30m out hands on hips didnt even try to get to fall of ball - they get 2 goals on rebound. Total BS from him

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Ralphsmith long kick to front of square , comes to front, no crumbers.
Bolton 30m out hands on hips didnt even try to get to fall of ball - they get 2 goals on rebound. Total BS from him

Not just Bolton, I am constantly frustrated by how we never seem to have anyone front and centre.

What is with our positioning around packs?

DS

Reactions: 2 users

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
Has gone backwards. Disappointing. Won't get anywhere near AA this season if this is how he's going to play.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Get the feeling he's content with the pay packet that essentially sees out his career and has to date rested on his laurels. Hope I'm wrong...

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Drop him.

Needs a wake up call.

Playing lazy unaccountable footy.

His best is sublime, but he hasn't fired a shot in 2023