Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Couldn’t agree more. Shai does the most remarkable things to the extent that sometimes he looks like he is showing off. Not everyone gets him and he can also stuff up, particularly with his set shots, and this also detracts.

On Saturday at 24, he plays his 100th and to me he has become our most valuable player. Love what he does. Congratulations and best wishes and 200 more please.
Just coming into his prime, it's exciting knowing that Shai's next 100 games are going to be even more exciting.

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Congratulations Shai on 100 games and some mesmerizing and spectacular moments, yeah Tigga has 200 and an extra Premiership medallion but you have the better highlights reel ;) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Congratulations Shai on 100 games and some mesmerizing and spectacular moments, yeah Tigga has 200 and an extra Premiership medallion but you have the better highlights reel ;) :)

Realise you meant no malice, but Tigger has put his head over the ball and body on the line more times than I care to remember.
Should never be compared to a small forward. He might not be flashy but he’s as tough as they come.

BTW has Shai ever taken a speccy over Buddy? :whistle:

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Realise you meant no malice, but Tigger has put his head over the ball and body on the line more times than I care to remember.
Should never be compared to a small forward. He might not be flashy but he’s as tough as they come.

Tigga is getting enough 200 love on his own thread so up to me to give Shai some for his 100th :)

Reactions: 4 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

@Dont Argue , take a listen to Dimma's press conference, when asked about Shai's 100th game Dimma said, "I made the mistake of showing Shai's highlights first" :p:ROFLMAO:Dimma and i are on the same page.

Reactions: 1 user

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Shai, I was wrapped with your selection in the draft, couldn't wait for your first game. I think it was against the swans and you booted 3 goals? from humble to greatness, that's what you're become. My very best wishes and may you continue to shine for the yellow and black.

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Shai, I was wrapped with your selection in the draft, couldn't wait for your first game. I think it was against the swans and you booted 3 goals? from humble to greatness, that's what you're become. My very best wishes and may you continue to shine for the yellow and black.
I think his first game was against GWS. Narrowly missed kicking the sealer. I don’t believe he got a major until his 3rd game, that may have been against the Swans. He’d have to be the best player we’ve ever selected at 29.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Can anyone shed light on when/how to vote for $hai for Goal of the Year?
Spent about 15 mins searching for it.
The Afl website is a *smile* Dogs breakfast.
Not user friendly and very very laggy.
So don't know if voting has closed and it's too late.
Will be a huge injustice if this goal doesn't make the final cut.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Zac Butters is 1.75 years younger than Shai. But from day one in the AFL was a mature prospect. Shai is still the opposite. Shai's movement on the ground is poetry. Butters makes the ball sing.

The best HFF/Change mids in the game at the opening of 2023 Butters is now a fully fledged mid. Shai tired last week but for that was as good as anybody.

They may go head to head at times today. That's the most interesting test. How will each go mano a mano?

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
He is a star - but some of his efforts today were appalling.
His efforts were zilch...its infuriating how if port players have possesion he just gives up and walks...ports number 5 just tore away from clearamces and shai just stoppes and walked hands on hips....he might have a mighty highlights reel but his basic meat n potatoe efforts are terrible....lazy game at times..brilliant at times to...

Last edited:

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
3Q could have passed twice to players in better position but decided to go for goal and missed both.