Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Boltons got energy does he, looks like Lennon's gonna need to bring extra vibrancy to the battle for a forward spot

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Kicks em funny. Seems to want to lob em at blokes. No issues with movement. Slicker'n pelican poo.

E

easy_tiger

thejinx said:
Bit of x-factor. One of the things we need.

Along with a million other things. But still, least he isn't another foot soldier.

you could exhaust a million adjectives, similes and metaphors and not get near calling this kid a foot soldier.

I dont think he will need a nickname. He wont even need a surname.

Shai.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Videos are packed with highlights a lot more than Rioli had. Hopefully it's a case of if Danny don't get ya, Shai will.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
zippadeee said:
And then he misses his family and wants to go home

That will only happen if the kid is a gun and tears it up ..............its the way things are for the RFC.

WA sides will probably try and get in his ear like they did with Mc Carthy.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Hopefully he does so well he gets Shankwards out of the side and we can trade him back to SA next year for a 2nd rounder ;D

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
easy said:
you could exhaust a million adjectives, similes and metaphors and not get near calling this kid a foot soldier.

I dont think he will need a nickname. He wont even need a surname.

Shai.

As long as he doesn't become Shai-te

Matiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 27, 2008
Melbourne
Hate to be a killjoy but I have serious reservations about this pick. It's almost as if they read PRE and have got the message that we are tired of vanilla plodders so they have done a complete 180 and taken the flashiest player out there.

He is a tiny 67 kilos and when he gets to AFL - everyone is fast and will be 20 kg heavier. Will he be able to get big enough? I hope so but he will probably be 5 years away from a serious impact

E

easy_tiger

ToraToraTora said:
Seems to want to lob em at blokes.

thats deliberate. gives him time to spoil his own kicks if need be.

Roves to himself, essentially.

I reckon weve got the next big, little thing.

does anyone else notice how he doesnt look at all small in his reel?

Hes huge overhead.

and when the ball's on the ground, its like everyone's in molasses, and he's got a kind of molasses-hovercraft concealed under his footy boots.

The kids a freak.

Shai

Reactions: 1 user

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Matiger said:
Hate to be a killjoy but I have serious reservations about this pick. It's almost as if they read PRE and have got the message that we are tired of vanilla plodders so they have done a complete 180 and taken the flashiest player out there.

He is a tiny 67 kilos and when he gets to AFL - everyone is fast and will be 20 kg heavier. Will he be able to get big enough? I hope so but he will probably be 5 years away from a serious impact

Rioli was similiar weight, if you can play you play...

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Matiger said:

Everything you said is correct.
*Way too small
*We already have Rioli
*Our track record with indigenous kids is poor
And the worse part is he is from WA. If he struggles he will leave for family reasons and if he is getting a regular game. The WA teams will go hard to get him back....

We needed key position and mid's
We seem not to have plan how to draft

Tiger Ghost

Tiger Superstar
Nov 19, 2010
Your mums house
Pretty happy with this pick, hope he is afforded the same chances as Rioli in his 1st year.
Nice to read he spent 3 years at boarding school albeit in his home state but away from family, the indigenous boys who go down the boarding school route seem to cope a fair bit better away from home

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
easy said:
thats deliberate. gives him time to spoil his own kicks if need be.

Roves to himself, essentially.

I reckon weve got the next big, little thing.

does anyone else notice how he doesnt look at all small in his reel?

Hes huge overhead.

and when the ball's on the ground, its like everyone's in molasses, and he's got a kind of molasses-hovercraft concealed under his footy boots.

The kids a freak.

Shai

;D