Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
Herald sun today Ralph Mouth reckons the Crows could come hard for him.
Not sure you could let him go......unless it a straight swap for Brady Crouch
Zippo I wouldn’t consider Brady C.
Maybe two first round picks starting with their likely pick 2 in this year’s draft, and a guaranteed top 10 in next years, but only maybe.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Maybe two first round picks starting with their likely pick 2 in this year’s draft, and a guaranteed top 10 in next years, but only maybe.

Definitely a first rounder, not sure about 2.
We need a ready made ruckman or midfielder.
I don’t want Jacobs, the only straight swap I may accept would be Crouch or Laird
Bolton is on the brink of being in our best 22..
I say keep.. couldn’t face us picking up another smurf

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
With Butler on the outer Need to keep $hai dont want us to lose him

Reactions: 1 user

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
He gives every impression of being a Shedda upgrade at the moment. Our future is so bright I gotta wear shades!!
Sacrilege! Given that Titch is being compared with Burgoyne these days, I'd say he has a way to go to reach these levels

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Sacrilege! Given that Titch is being compared with Burgoyne these days, I'd say he has a way to go to reach these levels

Im pretty sure tails would've meant replacement rather than upgrade?

I reckon if Mark Zuckerberg barracked for Richmond, he would be our only supporter who would consider Sheds upgradable

and he'd be wrong.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Herald sun today Ralph Mouth reckons the Crows could come hard for him.
Not sure you could let him go......unless it a straight swap for Brady Crouch
That’s just a spitball of players that could cover a gap . 17 clubs would be crawling all over our uncontracted players ,we have best depth bar none .

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Looks much better between the arcs through the midfield. Shai can get good separation in the centre due to 666 as he has elite acceleration.

Last edited:

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Your not going to get 2 first rounders for bolton.
You wouldn't even get a pick under 10 for him.
Therefore i wouldnt trade him unless he wants out.
Bolton is ready now we can't afford another ellis or lennon now.
That's why i would only accept a ready made player like Crouch or Laird or Liptak.

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
I “8/Sq
Your not going to get 2 first rounders for bolton.
You wouldn't even get a pick under 10 for him.
Therefore i wouldnt trade him unless he wants out.
Bolton is ready now we can't afford another ellis or lennon now.
That's why i would only accept a ready made player like Crouch or Laird or Liptak.
Ralph will have him dreaming of a very large income.
If he agrees to hold out for that and Adelaide makes a suitable offer all we can do is try to persuade him to stay.
In our favour is that he appears to be well settled with lots of young mates at Richmond and he would realise that he is not going to be so happy at GC.
If the only way to get him to Adelaide is to give up pick 2, Adelaide would be wise to take it.
It is also true that Adelaide have a pretty poor record for good trading in the immediate past.
Fill in names here of players taken from both Carlton and Richmond.
They don’t really get into it carefully. Anything could happen.
My strong preference however is that nothing dies and Chai stays a tiger.
In other words I feel we would’ve far better off keeping Chai than drafting Anderson.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I “8/Sq

Ralph will have him dreaming of a very large income.
If he agrees to hold out for that and Adelaide makes a suitable offer all we can do is try to persuade him to stay.
In our favour is that he appears to be well settled with lots of young mates at Richmond and he would realise that he is not going to be so happy at GC.
If the only way to get him to Adelaide is to give up pick 2, Adelaide would be wise to take it.
It is also true that Adelaide have a pretty poor record for good trading in the immediate past.
Fill in names here of players taken from both Carlton and Richmond.
They don’t really get into it carefully. Anything could happen.
My strong preference however is that nothing dies and Chai stays a tiger.
In other words I feel we would’ve far better off keeping Chai than drafting Anderson.

The only trade they/we go for is our first plus Bolton for their first pick.
Then we will pick up Anderson who will turn out worse then Fiora and Bolton would be the next McLeod.
Only swap him for a player you know that will help the side now.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Lol not sure if "malaka" is the appropriate term for that , but funny anyway. My girlfriend is from a greek family & I hear that term all the time.

If we trade Bolton to Adelaide for a 2nd rounder, this forum might become like a Greek government meeting.
There’s going to be more then malakia.