Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Just as an aside, there are not many players from that game left on our list. Griffiths, Lennon, Miles, Lloyd, Conca, Stengle, Moore, Hampson, Maric, Morris, Batchelor, Menadue, CEllis all gone. It looks like Bolton, Markov, Short, Garthwaite and Chol are left, that’s about it. Was Soldo left out of the team so Hampson could play? Do I remember that correctly?

It is amazing how we have been able to remain competitive, given the way we have turned the list over.
I'm not sure. I've got a vague recollection that cousin Ivan took his place

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Just as an aside, there are not many players from that game left on our list. Griffiths, Lennon, Miles, Lloyd, Conca, Stengle, Moore, Hampson, Maric, Morris, Batchelor, Menadue, CEllis all gone. It looks like Bolton, Markov, Short, Garthwaite and Chol are left, that’s about it. Was Soldo left out of the team so Hampson could play? Do I remember that correctly?

It is amazing how we have been able to remain competitive, given the way we have turned the list over.

no mate, Ivvy took his spot

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
The other aspect of this is how hard it is to win VFL premierships with a team make up like ours.

We are basically sending a team of under 22's out to play against unaffiliated teams full of mature men. It's a massive advantage for the likes of Port and Willy

Reactions: 1 user

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Richmond

B: 11. J. Batchelor, 53. H. Beasley, 42. R. Garthwaite

HB: 28. T. Hunt, 51. S. Darley, 15. J. Short

C: 31. O. Markov, 29. S. Bolton, 37. C. Menadue

HF: 32. C. Ellis, 27. S. Lloyd, 38. S. Morris

F: 36. C. Moore, 24. B. Griffiths, 44. T. Stengle

R: 16. S. Hampson, , 26. A. Miles, 7. B. Lennon

Int: 54. J. Ballard, 41. M. Chol, 78. D. Coffield, 30. R. Conca, 20. I. Maric, 64. T. Silvestro, 47. I. Soldo, 57. B. Wood

23P: 69. S. Mannagh

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Richmond

B: 11. J. Batchelor, 53. H. Beasley, 42. R. Garthwaite

HB: 28. T. Hunt, 51. S. Darley, 15. J. Short

C: 31. O. Markov, 29. S. Bolton, 37. C. Menadue

HF: 32. C. Ellis, 27. S. Lloyd, 38. S. Morris

F: 36. C. Moore, 24. B. Griffiths, 44. T. Stengle

R: 16. S. Hampson, , 26. A. Miles, 7. B. Lennon

Int: 54. J. Ballard, 41. M. Chol, 78. D. Coffield, 30. R. Conca, 20. I. Maric, 64. T. Silvestro, 47. I. Soldo, 57. B. Wood

23P: 69. S. Mannagh
Geez. There's a fair sized dunny brush been put through that list since then.
Of all the Richmond listed players there's only six survivors. Shorty, Soldo n Shai would be entrenched seniors while Garp, Lego n Cholly would still be fringe.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
At the risk of jumping on caesar's boys bandwagon, I gotta say the news of his performance in the intra-club had me bloody excited.
He may not get the fanfare (yet) that some others do but damn this boy could yet prove to be the best of the lot.

Believe it $hai. You really can be a bonafide superstar of our game.

Reactions: 8 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
At the risk of jumping on caesar's boys bandwagon, I gotta say the news of his performance in the intra-club had me bloody excited.
He may not get the fanfare (yet) that some others do but damn this boy could yet prove to be the best of the lot.

Spot On Tooehys. In terms of talent I think he just about leaves the others in his dust. Could be anything this kid.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria

Now if he could just stop leaning back on those kicks .................................

:D

• Haha

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Now if he could just stop leaning back on those kicks .................................

:D

Taztiger is trying to get me to bite :)

Anyway for all those unfortunates that were not at the Intra, that Shai mark that was shown on the Intra video was just a blip on the radar compared to some of the stuff he did, unf%#%#%# believable, one bit of play had me gobsmacked!
Surely they have footage of it and will bring it out at some point?

Last edited:

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

Anyway for all those unfortunates that were not at the Intra, that Shai mark that was shown on the Intra video was just a blip on the radar compared to some of the stuff he did, unf%#%#%# believable, one bit of played had me gobsmacked!
We need to get a GoFundMe started for you caesar so you can buy the latest state of the art video equipment ;)

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Anyway for all those unfortunates that were not at the Intra, that Shai mark that was shown on the Intra video was just a blip on the radar compared to some of the stuff he did, unf%#%#%# believable, one bit of play had me gobsmacked!
Saddle hanger.....good effort by Eggs to spoil.
1582336936966.png

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Thought Bolton was another who was pretty underwhelming in Wang after the exciting reports regarding his intra-match form.
With so many quality smalls fighting it out for a spot in the 22 (Baker, Stack, Short, Castagna) he can't afford to have another down game this week.
I expect he will play well against GWS.

Reactions: 2 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
With so many quality smalls fighting it out for a spot in the 22 (Baker, Stack, Short, Castagna) he can't afford to have another down game this week.

Not to mention Aarts who, for me, was the best small forward on the day. Did some really smart stuff. Hope he gets to stake his claim v GWS

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Aarts is getting the first 2 or 3 weeks off courtesy of his suspension from the VFL finals.

Cost himself a premiership medal.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Na Bolton is safe dramatic improvement last year.Will never be a big possession winner ,but what he touches is class and smart with xfactor will go up a notch this year.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Much better second outing from Shai. Thought he was absolutely electric. One grabbing, creative & heavily involved.
Can't wait to see what he unleashes against the Blues & for the season coming...