Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Prestia's first goal, again. Shai had no chance of affecting the Geelong mark then leapt, turned in the air, and batted it back down to the front. Years gone he would have tried to mark it. Amazing, and selfless.

Lambert's goal - he had no right to contest that mark against Menegola on the boundary - but he did. Somehow crunched Menegola, took the mark, then laid off to George Lambert.

Lynch's goal in the last. Prestia mark/free kick, I forget. Steps the player trying to hold him on the mark. Steps again. Indian rubber man. Then a loooooong bomb to Lynch all alone in the square.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Prestia's first goal, again. Shai had no chance of affecting the Geelong mark then leapt, turned in the air, and batted it back down to the front. Years gone he would have tried to mark it. Amazing, and selfless.

Lambert's goal - he had no right to contest that mark against Menegola on the boundary - but he did. Somehow crunched Menegola, took the mark, then laid off to George Lambert.

Lynch's goal in the last. Prestia mark/free kick, I forget. Steps the player trying to hold him on the mark. Steps again. Indian rubber man. Then a loooooong bomb to Lynch all alone in the square.
Good spot.

We called it during the game - he was instrumental in all those goals. He was massive and in the votes for mine

Reactions: 1 users

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
Will only get better. At the forefront of the next generation of midfielders at Tigerland. Look forward to him partnering with RCD next year.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Got coaches votes in the GF. (And prelim and semi )
But not in the best 22 U22 in the league.

• Angry
Reactions: 13 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
This is a potential Brownlow medallist. Ball hunter, doesn't need 30 to cut you up, capable of mind boggling brilliance, and very very noticeable. Will be worth a mint in 12 months.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
In the 3rd I think, McIntosh gets the ball and starts a run down the outer wing and is being chased hard by, dunno, one of the losers. Out of nowhere, said loser goes toppling as Shai comes from nowhere with a brilliant shepherd. he's selfless too.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
In the 3rd I think, McIntosh gets the ball and starts a run down the outer wing and is being chased hard by, dunno, one of the losers. Out of nowhere, said loser goes toppling as Shai comes from nowhere with a brilliant shepherd. he's selfless too.
Yep.

How nice is it to see him getting rewarded for doing all the team stuff.

He's that bloody brilliant that I don't think it came naturally for him, but he's worked so hard on it.

His tackling and pressure were superb.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Should get a top 3 finish in the BnF tonight.

Great season from the lad.

I still remember D Martin calling him easily the most skilled bloke at the club and a freak.

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Blicavs i reckon. Great team play.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
This is a potential Brownlow medallist. Ball hunter, doesn't need 30 to cut you up, capable of mind boggling brilliance, and very very noticeable. Will be worth a mint in 12 months.
Probably why Ralphy will keep us on tenterhooks well into next year rather than rushing an extension of his contract.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Love seeing players shepherd, selfless and so valuable.

Can play forward or in the centre/on ball.

Sign him up.

DS

• Love

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
I love Balta's year but I think I like Bolton's even more. Has done everything asked of him - and sacrifices his game for others.

I think he's ready enough to mentor Stack to maturity too.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Bolton had a big impact this year, and will just get better from here as he matures and ads endurance to his kit bag.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Bolton had a big impact this year, and will just get better from here as he matures and ads endurance to his kit bag.
Not sure if endurance is an issue any more.
Previously faded after half time but was running on top of the ground after half time.
But, yes, sure to improve in that area. When he does put 4 quarters together, look out competition

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
4th in the B&F in a premiership team.
But not in the Best 22 U22 in the league. FMD.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
He's got it all and then some, I want to see Shai, Shedda and Dusty together for 3 more years. Shedda is 32 but shows no signs of slowing down,
You telling us that you want to see another 3 flags in the next 3 years?
Couldn't agree more!

• Love

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Add another preseason to him and no doubt he goes to another level. He has all the tools to be elite.

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Like everyone love Shai, we keep talking about Ross/RCD etc (who im also excited about), but this guy needs to go into the midfield in 2021, hes a star!