Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Yeah, that play to set up Lynch was a thing of beauty.

Crying Miers thought he had him for a sec, then Shai found a worm hole and slipped into another dimension.
Poor Cryin Gryan had no idea what the *smile* was going on ( nor did I at the time ). Shai stepped out to play on then jinked back directly at Cryin n I reckon Cryin had a conniption or *smile* himself or somethin, then Shai just stepped out again n delivered a ball to the Lynch man that he didn't dare drop. 'Twas as sweet a piece of work as anything the Dusty one presented on the day.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Universal recognition for an number of our established and up and coming stars by the pundits shows the value of the pundit reporting - selective and biased. It happens in all sports so we should just live with it as we know we have the goods at Tigerland

Reactions: 1 user

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Shai not making the Under-22 side while Andrew McGrath was elected captain seriously undermines the wisdom of crowds theory.

True, but lets face it. While they keep under-rating or ignoring him, he keeps winning flags.

I'll bet I know what Shai prefers.

Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
True, but lets face it. While they keep under-rating or ignoring him, he keeps winning flags.

I'll bet I know what Shai prefers.

No. That's not right.
He deserves the reward.
How must he feel that 22 kids got selected and he didn't?
Personally for me he should've been on the bench in the AA team

Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Poor Cryin Gryan had no idea what the *smile* was going on ( nor did I at the time ). Shai stepped out to play on then jinked back directly at Cryin n I reckon Cryin had a conniption or *smile* himself or somethin, then Shai just stepped out again n delivered a ball to the Lynch man that he didn't dare drop. 'Twas as sweet a piece of work as anything the Dusty one presented on the day.
Shai stole my favourite dance move.
You take a step forward, then an exaggerated step back and then two steps forward. Admittedly he improvised by kicking a ball which I don’t usually carry onto a dance floor but after Lynch marked it, I saw Shai clap and instantly knew he’d infringed on my trade mark.
I’m currently seeking legal advice.

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Love watching Shai play and the way he just slithers around opposition players to then streak away and kick a long goal or a 50mtr pass

If anyody gets a chance to watch some Maurice Rioli footage carefully there is alot of Maurice in Shai movements inside traffic

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Yeah, that play to set up Lynch was a thing of beauty.

Crying Miers thought he had him for a sec, then Shai found a worm hole and slipped into another dimension.
Shai took off, stopped, and then took off again.
When Miers stopped he didn’t have the accelerating to go with him the second time.
Pure turbo speed set that goal up.
very few players can do what Shai does.

Reactions: 10 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
No. That's not right.
He deserves the reward.

agree. He made em look like fools. Seriously? They are taking the *smile* not having him in the first 6 picked.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Where does Shai play next year ? What’s best for Shai and what’s best for the 22 ? Imho definitely needs to play in the middle , imho his a much better footballer up the ground then he is deep, I’d like the combo of Kmac on one wing and Bolton on the other, in saying that I think Pickett has one wing locked in with the way we play, in saying that think we go up a notch with Bolton’s offensive weapons on the wing

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Where does Shai play next year ? What’s best for Shai and what’s best for the 22 ? Imho definitely needs to play in the middle , imho his a much better footballer up the ground then he is deep, I’d like the combo of Kmac on one wing and Bolton on the other, in saying that I think Pickett has one wing locked in with the way we play, in saying that think we go up a notch with Bolton’s offensive weapons on the wing
It's an interesting debate on what his best position is, a couple of handy players in Sheda and Prestia squeezed him out of the midfield when they came back into the side.
He's equally effective in the midfield and in the forward line. His defensive pressure in the GF was outstanding.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Shai took off, stopped, and then took off again.
When Miers stopped he didn’t have the accelerating to go with him the second time.
Pure turbo speed set that goal up.
very few players can do what Shai does.
Shai has similar agility as KMac.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

Needs stints in the centre square. He’s not a winger, in our system, they are the NFL equivalents of free safeties, they guard dangerous space, defensive predators who deliver hits. Shai can’t run like that and doesn’t have the size.

If you ask me, he swaps with Dusty. Plays forward of centre always. And still has a stack of improvement.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

sportshow

Tiger Rookie
Apr 14, 2009
No. That's not right.
He deserves the reward.

better than the 22 kids that got selected that aren't duel premiership winners i reckon!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Needs stints in the centre square. He’s not a winger, in our system, they are the NFL equivalents of free safeties, they guard dangerous space, defensive predators who deliver hits. Shai can’t run like that and doesn’t have the size.

If you ask me, he swaps with Dusty. Plays forward of centre always. And still has a stack of improvement.
I agree regarding Shai swapping with Dusty , Whilst they are not the same type they dont need to be and its actually better they are different types with different strengths. The mismatch it causes whilst rotating on both their midfielders as well as defenders is what we want.

1 Position we have not yet tried Shai playing which i would love to see is as a FF in the Ryan role , Shai has exactly the skills and leap required to do similar playing FF

Reactions: 3 users