Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
What is even funnier is Collingwood swear they were going to pick Shai with their pick immediately after ours:)

In the 2016 draft :
Pick 29 Shai Bolton:cupgold:cupgold
Pick 30 Collingwood: Sam McLarty, (zero games)

Pick 50 Collingwood: Richmond indigenous small forward VFL player Kayle Kirby, (1 game).
Pick 53 Jack Graham:cupgold:cupgold
I feel sorry for Kirby- we probably would have picked him up as a rookie but he had no good chance at cwood

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
What is even funnier is Collingwood swear they were going to pick Shai with their pick immediately after ours:)

In the 2016 draft :
Pick 29 Shai Bolton:cupgold:cupgold
Pick 30 Collingwood: Sam McLarty, (zero games)

Pick 50 Collingwood: Richmond indigenous small forward VFL player Kayle Kirby, (1 game).
Pick 53 Jack Graham:cupgold:cupgold
Now that is just seriously *smile* rude.

Oh wait, it's Colonwood. That's just *smile* :rotfl1 :rotfl1 :rotfl1

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Allen gets the third best defender, not many teams have three good to great tall defenders, maybe the top 5, 6 teams. Let's see what he does when Kennedy and Darling go, Kennedy is 34 in August, could retire?

Reactions: 1 user

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Allen gets the third best defender, not many teams have three good to great tall defenders, maybe the top 5, 6 teams. Let's see what he does when Kennedy and Darling go, Kennedy is 34 in August, could retire?

Spot on. I don’t doubt his talent but it will be a completely different scenario getting the best defender week in week out.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
No Mistake! We targeted Lynch...we won us two flags (Prem final against Geelong) and 2020.
Agree

Sure Oscar Allen is a talent, but in the same draft we got Balta and CCJ.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users