Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Have #lolNorf offered Shai 7 years on 1.5m a year yet?
Money would be good, but that would be one hell of a long hard slog to earn your crust. Gotta be able to enjoy rockin up to work every day n be able to anticipate at least some modicum of success n fun.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
The outside footy earning ability is best in the AFL for a champion tiger, especially as we have our . indigenous centre

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He will definitely resign because Karl Langdon in his pathetic little column in the Sunday Times (WA) reckons the whisper is he wants to return to WA and play for Freo.
That's the result of someone's head up there ass.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Could Bolton preform with the same focus Brad Hill is under currently?
Im not sure.
Money dosent make things easier

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Yep, same here, you'd love to keep him but he will be one of those rare guys who has achieved footy success at a young age, so there's a compelling case for him to set himself up as best he can.

My advice to guys is always take the length of contract and the money when you can get it. You're only ever a second away from an injury destroying your career on an AFL ground and loyalty doesn't pay your bills.
Agreed with your earlier post concerning value, but not this. The fact that he is so young and has already demonstrated that he is an elite player who has the ability to help lead a club like ours to further and sustained success, means he can take a breather and not push for more, but rather secure a long term deal, highly leveraged by performance bonuses.
7 years at $600,000 minimum, plus match and JDM tied payments escalating, would be a reasonable way for both parties... leading to a potential max of say $1,000,000 in years 5-7.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I would rather earn $600k a year at Richmond winning flags with my friends at the club i have been at since i started , In the heart of Richmond / swan st etc with good coaches and facilities.

Compared to a club like North where you are getting belted every year with players coming and going and miserable environment earning $800k a year
Half goes to tax anyway

Reactions: 4 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
i reckon he played a bit of George's role this week, and in the last couple of weeks. not the chaos, but the small marking option.
he appears to have been given the licence to fly, and the team appears to look for him in the air.
And once he has sown up 'mark of the year', then he might even use two hands sometimes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
And once he has sown up 'mark of the year', then he might even use two hands sometimes.
It won't surprise me if Shai takes 2 or 3 marks of the year in the same game before too long.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Tim Kelly? Not sure what your point is? Never played for Freo.
East Fremantle i think.
Not sure about the point either.
The only thing that could make him leave is money.
I don't think Bolton is homesick

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Yeah he can move for the money or he can be a 5 time premiership legend and 2 time norm smith medalist at the tigers.

he seems a very similar personality type to Dusty and reckon we'll give him a decent deal and he'll stay.

Reactions: 3 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Yeah he can move for the money or he can be a 5 time premiership legend and 2 time norm smith medalist at the tigers.

he seems a very similar personality type to Dusty and reckon we'll give him a decent deal and he'll stay.
5 time premiership player? So you dont think he will stick around after his next contract?

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
East Fremantle i think.
Not sure about the point either.
The only thing that could make him leave is money.
I don't think Bolton is homesick
It was South Freo, did 3 or 4 seasons with them as I recall.
Bolton could demand big money but the Dockers would battle to put up an offer that would tempt him.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Tim Kelly? Not sure what your point is? Never played for Freo.
My point is that he wanted to go home to Perth but he never even considered Freo as an option; would only go to the Eagles. That's an indictment on Freo as a club when they can't even get consideration in a 2 horse race.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
My point is that he wanted to go home to Perth but he never even considered Freo as an option; would only go to the Eagles. That's an indictment on Freo as a club when they can't even get consideration in a 2 horse race.
Kelly comes across as a bloke that thinks his shiit dosent stink.
Thats the difference

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The club makes Bolton who is also.
Would Bolton be the same at North or Stkilda? I don't think so.
Hardwick is a brilliant coach and coaches to players strengths.
Not sure other coaches do especially Buckley.
Screenshot_20210503-110304_WhatsApp.jpg

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Kelly comes across as a bloke that thinks his shiit dosent stink.
Thats the difference
Don't disagree but it is a clear example of how Freo is perceived in Perth. They are the clear poor relation and have basically achieved jack *smile* in 27 seasons in the AFL.