Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
In my younger days I’d be filthy about someone leaving for “family reasons” but the older I get the only the ”more than football” actual rings true. After COVID everyone’s values and priorities should be slightly different. But I want him to stay, he’s only just beginning to show how good he is, the Tim Kelly deal is the price in picks.

Oscar Allen, Adam Cerra, Andy Brayshaw are the only straight up options.

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Oscar Allen, Adam Cerra, Andy Brayshaw are the only straight up options.
And none of them are good enough. I would spit at a Cerra trade even if it came with a top-10 pick.

Not a chance in hell you get Allen out of West Coast.

Brayshaw? Make it Serong. And throw in that top-10 pick. Then I might think about sitting down.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
And none of them are good enough. I would spit at a Cerra trade even if it came with a top-10 pick.

Brayshaw? Make it Serong. And throw in that top-10 pick. Then I might think about sitting down.
I wouldn’t swap those 3 players and pick #10 for Shai.... he will be the best player in the league within 2 seasons, just in time to ask for $1.5M per year...
Thats what ralphy knows!

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

Yeah I’m no fan of any deal. I forgot about Serong, so right.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Any deal needs to involve a player. We’ve already got 6 picks in the first 3 rounds this year, an aging list and a gap in the 23 - 28 year bracket.

Personally, I’d like Cerra and Freo’s first rounder but would settle for Cerra and a swap of Freo’s first rounder for one of ours.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Any deal needs to involve a player. We’ve already got 6 picks in the first 3 rounds this year, an aging list and a gap in the 23 - 28 year bracket.

Personally, I’d like Cerra and Freo’s first rounder but would settle for Cerra and a swap of Freo’s first rounder for one of ours.
Are you a Freo fan?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We offer what 650 ish? With dusty like endorsements he will be ahead at Tiges.
I agree, he would be on 350-400 currently and move to 550-650.
I think that would be enough for him to stay.
He wont go to North even if they offered 2 mill.
If he leaves it will be straight back to WA.
When players head home, there's usually stories behind the player leaving.
Kelly because of his kids,
Hill because of his wife,
Or just a better opportunity.
Im not convinced Bolton wants to leave, just a hunch

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
We all want to keep Shai, he's a gun.

But the point is, if we lose him, we want a hell of a lot in return.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Worse comes to worst, we end up with at least two more first round draft picks to add to our already impressive haul.
Already got two this year. More than happy to stagger them n either get another this year plus an extra next year, or even just do another two next year to go with whatever we get for next year.
Wouldn't that just scare the *smile* out of everyone in the AFL. Five first rounders split between this year n next for the side that's just won three, maybe four premierships plus owning the drafts.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

Saw an online article yesterday? Claimed Cerra was looking for a $ 750 a year deal from the Frockers. Would much rather be offering Shai $750 a year than Cerra. If Shai leaves I reckon I'd be comfortable growing n building youngsters into the champions we want them to be, rather than paying a shitload of shekels while trying to transition another mature " champion " into our type of player.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Easy solution to match any offer around the 700K mark:

Trade Caddy and add his salary onto Shai's. Easy peasy.

rinso17

Tiger Superstar
Feb 2, 2005
Shais management can see that Jack, Trent, Basher, Shed among others are perhaps into their last 50 or 60 games.
Be patient young star for the rewards of success and riches are best at this club.

Draft picks, culture, and the biggest most attractive club in the land are where your locker currently is.

Reactions: 4 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Not that I would know, but it is my instinct that Bolton will remain a Tiger.
He belongs at Richmond. It's where he fits. Don't reckon he will going anywhere ... except up onto the premiership dais at the end of the season.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
If shai is to leave i want 2 x 1st round draft picks and 1 needs to be top 10
I mentioned in a previous post that if ever he was to leave for freo then this year atleast its a strong draft.

2021 & 2022 1st rounders from freo and we can give back our 2nd rounder