Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Karl Langdon “emphatically “ saying Shai going to Freo
So maybe it's true. And Shai told the team pre-game. That might explain why he was so poor tonight and the team so flat.

I've got no idea; just trying to figure out why such a shocking performance tonight from both.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’ll cut Shai some slack as consistency was an issue , like many others early on, however he has improved that area , but those woeful no influence games shouldn’t happen , at least not 3 in half a season . I love Shai like we all do , however I think we all get a tad carried away with the X stuff , makes us all push his value you up, now he’s starting to get more attention and his opponents are having more influence we will get a better indication on his true worth , FWIW I think his going to go, managers put contracts off , players who put contracts off till the end of the year and then have a couple of shockers are leaving imho.

No way would I pay him 800k a season

Last edited:

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Shai needs to realise its hard work and not just flashes that make you a star. Kid has a long long way to go and unless he gets it right above the shoulders will be another flash in the pan.
Do we entertain a trade or we confident he gets through this show boating phase and becomes a star. Some huge decisions for the club this year
I think that's very unfair. Bolton has stood up many times this year. Be close to, if not our best player this year. We'd be mad to purposely let Bolton go elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 users

code yellow and black

Tiger Rookie
Sep 21, 2014
Shai needs to realise its hard work and not just flashes that make you a star. Kid has a long long way to go and unless he gets it right above the shoulders will be another flash in the pan.
Do we entertain a trade or we confident he gets through this show boating phase and becomes a star. Some huge decisions for the club this year
OMG.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
So maybe it's true. And Shai told the team pre-game. That might explain why he was so poor tonight and the team so flat.

I've got no idea; just trying to figure out why such a shocking performance tonight from both.
You think the team spent the game trying to cover to terms with the fact Langdon finally got something right?
That is actually the plausible explanation for the game i have heard.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Just a tweak , however I’d like to see Shai and Dusty “swap” , give Shai 60% middle Dusty 20% and reversed up forward , Jack needs attention taken from him up forward and Shai appears to be more effective as a midfielder then he is a forward

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
I am starting to get the impression he may be on the way out. Playing a bit bruise free at the moment and possibly trying to avoid potential injury?

I mean I wouldn’t know but if you were committed to staying why would you be playing games with the contract? He’s clearly going to be paid well anyway so I don’t know what else to make of this.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
He spent a large amount of time on the bench last week. And went in for scans before that game. Must be injured.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
I am starting to get the impression he may be on the way out. Playing a bit bruise free at the moment and possibly trying to avoid potential injury?

I mean I wouldn’t know but if you were committed to staying why would you be playing games with the contract? He’s clearly going to be paid well anyway so I don’t know what else to make of this.
Agree Doesn’t appear to be turning it on as he used to
Looks like he’s playing bruise free footy to avoid injury before signing a new contract

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
He spent a large amount of time on the bench last week. And went in for scans before that game. Must be injured.

that would explain a lot.

looked burnt out the last fortnight,

probably because he is?