Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
thanks Mcr , will have to disagree on this , however I do hope he stays , In saying that I think we have got to excited by the X factor stuff with Bolton , yes does some brilliant stuff, however ads very little when he dosent have the ball, seems to miss a hell of a lot important of set shots and I think he’s field kicking is overrated, Again don’t get me wrong I want him to stay a Tiger, however I dont think he’s worth what is reported his asking for. On Cerra I’m going by others high rating probaly more then what I’ve seen myself , did do well from what I saw today. Thing with Cerra is he is hard 2 way runner with very good skills , that’s something we really need.

Lets hope we have both in 2022
Yeah I thought Cerra had a breakout game today too. Was good.

But he'll always be that solid citizen contributor in a great team. He certainly hasn't been the difference in freo winning or losing.

Shai could win a brownlow in a fit Richmond side.

But he was super disappointing today

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Ralph Carr has reportedly told him that the best place for him at the moment is at Richmond. His family have told him to stay here if he is happy.

He has put his contract talks on hold until the end of the season.

Not sure what the go is here, but I have heard that Freo can't offer him a much better deal money wise than we can.

Certainly his recent form is not driving his price right up.
Bolton Rioli Stack will all stay.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Yeah I thought Cerra had a breakout game today too. Was good.

But he'll always be that solid citizen contributor in a great team. He certainly hasn't been the difference in freo winning or losing.

Shai could win a brownlow in a fit Richmond side.

But he was super disappointing today
The solid citizen contributer is what makes me think a Cerra type may be the better option , somebody you can rely on week in week out , not star one week and quiet for 3 . Again I love Shai like most, I just think we are all “hoping” more then actually knowing he’ll be a star , geez we were even comparing him to Dusty at one stage , that’s just laughable. Cerra may not be near Shai at end of career , however he may end up better , time will tell.

Im hating these running under the ball marking attempts as well as the one hand efforts

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Hard role now, guaranteed he’s number one the bad guys are trying to stop.

The price has come off a smidge. I don’t buy the theory he has checked out, he’s trying.

Reactions: 7 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Let’s slow down on the Bolton bashing. Still young and we are asking him to play the role of Martin, Prestia Etc
Not sure of bashing him Aces. He’s as accountable to be critiqued as all players are.
His game today was found lacking. Maybe he’s tiring, maybe he has a niggle. But there were some very ordinary efforts today.

Reactions: 3 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Not sure of bashing him Aces. He’s as accountable to be critiqued as all players are.
His game today was found lacking. Maybe he’s tiring, maybe he has a niggle. But there were some very ordinary efforts today.
I agree no one can escape scrutiny (except for Dusty) but us punters are asking a lot of him and so is the team. We want him to be Dustin Martin. But there is only one of him and unfortunately he is sitting in Ward B of the Gold Coast hospital.

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
something's up. Ideally we'd like him to step up, but at least play well, he's doing the opposite. Injured? Drinking his own bathwater? Signed with another side?
He isn’t drinking his own bath water. Harsh on the kid. He has run out of mates to help him and we are expecting far too much from him.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
He isn’t drinking his own bath water. Harsh on the kid. He has run out of mates to help him and we are expecting far too much from him.
I don’t buy the drinking his own bath water either SA, where I differ from others is I don’t think he’s as good as we put him up to be , hes bloody good but imho he’s not anywhere near an AA midfielder at this stage

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
It's lucky he's a gun young kid.

Because that was one of the worst performances you'll see from a midfielder all year. Everything was negative. Fumbles, getting run off, missing tackles, mis kicking, dropping marks.

He's a future star. But he's got some work to do yet.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
He wants $800K per year he needs to do a lot more on his own. He needs to be the man. They don't hand out those contracts to blokes who need spoon feeding (okay Saints and Blues do).

He has the talent to do it but needs to have the will. I really hope he can do it because he is a special talent. But I haven't liked what I've seen since the bye. He short stepped on at least one occasion to day. Lift Shai; we need you.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Geez we play hard behind the keyboards.
No Dusty or Prestygiacomo. Nank n Lamblett just barely back from injury spells. Shedda first game back from injury n concussion tested ten minutes into the game. Yet here we are expecting Shai to stand up n lead the midfield n dominate games. Kids got talent n plenty of it, but he needs some help to be at his best.
This whole season we've been bent over n seriously butt *smile* by the injury gods over n over again. It's no surprise at all that we're having a crap year n just about all our players are struggling to perform with any sort of consistency. There's barely a handful of players that anyone could consider to have had a consistent, or anywhere near previous levels season this year n it's probably time a few of us took a deep breath before bagging out on players.

Reactions: 3 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Geez we play hard behind the keyboards.
No Dusty or Prestygiacomo. Nank n Lamblett just barely back from injury spells. Shedda first game back from injury n concussion tested ten minutes into the game. Yet here we are expecting Shai to stand up n lead the midfield n dominate games. Kids got talent n plenty of it, but he needs some help to be at his best.
This whole season we've been bent over n seriously butt *smile* by the injury gods over n over again. It's no surprise at all that we're having a crap year n just about all our players are struggling to perform with any sort of consistency. There's barely a handful of players that anyone could consider to have had a consistent, or anywhere near previous levels season this year n it's probably time a few of us took a deep breath before bagging out on players.
Yeah, some like Cotch and Shai have had to carry more of the workload with the injury list we have.
Im sure they’re both weary, playing hurt and feeling the pinch. No doubt why their form has dipped.

clown

Tiger Superstar
Mar 16, 2004
Got a couple of premierships under his belt and will be looking for a big pay day to secure his future for his family. To me he is playing like he's preserving himself for that payday back west. Hope he stays but can't blame him for trying to secure his future.