Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
If only Bolton didn't fade out of the game at times he would be an AA. Has the talent in spades

Agree, but he should probably be AA anyway. He's probably the best HF in the competition atm. However, he can probably be the best player in the competition if he wants it.

Reactions: 2 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Came up with a classic yesterday at the G with my two buddies. One Tiger and one Pie.
When Bolts slotted that long goal I turned to them and said:

You know the Ad,
Did someone say, KFC?

"Did someone Shai, RFC?"
Even the Pies bloke liked it.
What a great day.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Attended 15 centre bounces yesterday. He’s playing as a centre square mid, using him where he is most dangerous.

The 6-6-6 make blokes like Shai so dangerous, a shimmy and a step and he’s 60 out. And that’s his range on the run.

Reactions: 9 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Bucks today rolled out that Collingwood intended to take him with the very next pick.

One on one in forward 50, he’s a nightmare. So smart. Then goes into the centre square and dances.

Watching him do things you think can’t happen is so much fun. Thank you Ty Vickery!

Reactions: 10 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
The reason why we got out of jail in the second quarter. He was ridiculously good.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Bucks today rolled out that Collingwood intended to take him with the very next pick.

One on one in forward 50, he’s a nightmare. So smart. Then goes into the centre square and dances.

Watching him do things you think can’t happen is so much fun. Thank you Ty Vickery!
Yep. Collingwobbles always pull that line out.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
The reason why we got out of jail in the second quarter. He was ridiculously good.

Yep, this is what I've been looking for. He's had games where he's got more of the ball or kicked more goals, but he asserted himself in the 2nd and wrenched control back for us. There aren't many players who can do that.

Reactions: 6 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I didn’t think Shai was our best , however I thought he was clearly the most influential player on getting us the 4 points

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Yeh he turned it back our way. He is mesmerising to watch live. I Thought he was clearly our best for sheer influence. Robbed of an extra goal with the sling call on Jack. All the Hawks supporters around me were gushing in their praise of him. Many compared him to Cyril. I said Cyril didn’t go into the guts and clear the ball like Bolton.
He can have the occasional baffling miss but he just makes things happen.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Players that can turn a game upside down n inside out with a burst of sublime footy, absolutely priceless.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Absolutely turned the game around in the 2nd. Thank he had 13 disposals. Only 7 for the 3 others unfortunately. I do think he:a a bit inconsistent but that's what he is, an explosive player.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Rating players on skill and courage since 2017, when he arrived. I’d have him at 2 behind Dusty and in front of Trent, Alex Rance, Dion, Jack and Tom.
He is absolutely top echelon.

Reactions: 1 user