Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Anyone remember Pettifer's one at the Dump years ago? He ran to an open goal, stopped inches before the goal line, looked back and then kicked it when the oppo player got closer. Nathan Brown told him off after the game, even considering he did the same when playing with the Dogs.

Reactions: 1 user

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
That's a mystery to all of us I think.

If Broad didn't touch that ball though and Carlton overran us, I reckon the coach would have absolutely scorched him.

I think the coach gave it to him privately anyway. 2 or 3 teammates already publicly (yet politely) rebuked him.

It was one of those games that felt closer in the moment. Watching it back, we weren't really threatened and Carlton didn't lead at all.

Reactions: 2 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
If he feels more comfortable snapping, he should snap.

Snapping is no less accurate.

But just take your time and do it properly.

Reactions: 1 user

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
We've all done stupid s*** in the moment.

Fortunately for all of us, AFL media collectively continues to be society's moral beacon and none have ever made an error in their personal lives of any sort. So we'll be hearing and reading about Shai needing to 'Do better' for the next few days from those as pure as the driven snow. Where would we be without their guidance on how to live life?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
We've all done stupid s*** in the moment.

Fortunately for all of us, AFL media collectively continues to be society's moral beacon and none have ever made an error in their personal lives of any sort. So we'll be hearing and reading about Shai needing to 'Do better' for the next few days from those as pure as the driven snow. Where would we be without their guidance on how to live life?
I think another $20k fine is about right...

• Haha

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Forget Shais gamesmanship even if it was a bit anti Richmond Man behaviour.

I'm waiting for K Mart Dusty's next possible F#$%# Up in Bali :mhihi

• Love

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
As Shai has said “ footys fun” I doubt there was any malice in the showing of the ball, I think he was just havin a bit of fun and been the showman he is . Not saying he should be doing it it’s just something that shouldn’t be even mentioned after an hour after the game, god forbid the “journos” could actually give a constructive view of the game , but instead they want to turn everything into a negative . I hope Shai keeps been Shai and plays for his love of the game

Reactions: 6 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Shai had 6 goal shots for 5 behinds against Port. The last shot he took he was out of line. The shot looked petulant and was at least very sloppy.

He had been caught during the game and was overcooking it a lot in the lead up. Trying to do too much. He's young. We want him to test his virtuosity. But sometimes we have to rein it in.

Coming into the Carlton game we were looking for coaching and coachability. What we saw was Shai using the ball quickly from the get go. Not making U turns in the middle. Back to basics. A generally less ambitious game.

He kicked 2.1 and had 9 score involvements.

When that game had to be saved Shai Bolton chased like a maniac and he caught em. His defensive effort was outstanding. The results were never in doubt. Clutch defence.

He was out of line with showing the ball and we had to check that publicly.

But "within these four walls" he would have plenty of admirers for his overall discipline in that game.

Reactions: 11 users

Tigers2020

Tiger Rookie
Nov 6, 2020
At least Bolton won the game unlike Liam Ryan in 2020

Attachments

• f6012756098d506c8d4e882b07a16454.jpeg
    f6012756098d506c8d4e882b07a16454.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Was it Brown who stopped, turned, shook the ball at his opponent, then kicked the goal? Now that was really rubbing it in.