Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

wammo

We're from Tigerland
May 16, 2007
One of the most uniquely talented footballers i have ever seen, but is it too much to ask for him to clean up his goal kicking?
We've lost games this year because of sitters he's missed and yes, i know we've won games because of his brilliance, but please, don't let me hear anyone compare him to dusty until he significantly improves his conversion.

• Dislike
Reactions: 6 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I have never seen such a unique player.
If he played for anyone else the media would be all over him.
The media is all over him it is some of our supporters who fail to acknowledge his brilliance and concentrate on a couple of faux pas, it does my head in!

Reactions: 4 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Dusty was exciting as a midfielder but as a forward Bolton is one of the best I've ever seen. He just has abilities that no other player has. How can anyone not love watching him play?

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Shai Bolton reminds me of Ablett senior

Gets so many shots at goal because if his athleticism.

Invariably he also kicks heaps of points like Ablett, this is because mere mortals would not be good enough to create a show at goal in the first Place.

Incredible player

Reactions: 1 users

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
The media is all over him it is some of our supporters who fail to acknowledge his brilliance and concentrate on a couple of faux pas, it does my head in!
They are semi all over him. They acknowledge him, but don’t give him the credit he deserves IMO. Same with a lot of our supporters.

He’s the most impactful player in the AFL at the moment. By statistics and in general. He turns games. He can do things no one else can do.

He’s kicked 39 goals, the 14th most in the league and he isn’t even a full time forward.

Reactions: 2 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
They are semi all over him. They acknowledge him, but don’t give him the credit he deserves IMO. Same with a lot of our supporters.

He’s the most impactful player in the AFL at the moment. By statistics and in general. He turns games. He can do things no one else can do.

He’s kicked 39 goals, the 14th most in the league and he isn’t even a full time forward.

Yep. In Dimma's own words he is a match winner.

The sort of player you need to win flags. Gives you that little extra edge that means so much.

wammo

We're from Tigerland
May 16, 2007
Well Caeser, considering I've been on the end of a thumbs down from you for my comments about Shai, I'm going to presume that this post is aimed, at least in part, at me.

So, firstly, let me acknowledge the absolute certainty of Shai's brilliance. I've never seen a player like him and honestly, don't know how other teams expect to be able to stop him.

Having said that, my overwhelming interest is in Richmond winning games, most important of those, Grand Finals. As this team proceeds, Shai should take his predestined position as our most important player and as such has to take responsibility for us winning games. To do this, in my opinion, he is going to have to become a more efficient goal kicker.

I get it that he gets to take shots at goal that lesser mortals (and by this I mean almost everyone in the world) just wouldn't be able to manufacture for themselves, but for the team to succeed, he simply has to improve his conversion.

Again, he is a marvel, a freak and I never want to see him in anything other than a yellow and black footy jumper. I love him and i can't wait for him to get better.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
One of the most uniquely talented footballers i have ever seen, but is it too much to ask for him to clean up his goal kicking?
We've lost games this year because of sitters he's missed and yes, i know we've won games because of his brilliance, but please, don't let me hear anyone compare him to dusty until he significantly improves his conversion.
Dusty is the best I've seen but he's different to Bolton. Bolton is a forward who can pinch hit in the middle and Dusty was until recently a midfielder who pinched hit forward. At the same age Martin had averaged 1 goal .6 behinds a game. Bolton averages 1.9 goals 1.9 behinds. I think most agree Bolton needs to do better with his kicking. He's currently in top 5 or 6 for goals per game this year of the non-talls but plays more midfield time. If he made more of his simpler chance he'd be close to leading goal-kicker in the league. He's a special talent.

Reactions: 3 users