Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
He’s an incredible player. He has the speed of a cheetah and moves like an eel through water. He’s so fluid and slippery.

If he sorts out his finishing look out. Could see him kick 8 in a game.
Could have had 8 last night. Should have been at least 6.

Reactions: 1 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Y

Yep it was versus Subi

Back in those days Subi was so bad being a step ladder for a screamer was about the only way their players would make a highlight reel.
At Subiaco oval. A rare outing to the big ground for me. I remember vividly Mitchell sitting and being attended by the trainer on the wing at Claremont oval and still participating in a handball chain right in front of me. Champion.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
As a point of comparison Jeremy Cameron has had 85 shots at goal. It's actually ridiculous how attacking he is for a midfielder.
I just listened to Ken Hinkley's post match presser and he was pretty much in awe of the player Shai is and he mentioned his number of shots on goal this year and said he could almost be leading the Coleman and just shook his head.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Just one little wrinkle in Shai's game n it's his finishing in front of goal. Not sure I can think of another player over the years with anywhere near the pure football ability of Shai who can so often flub the simplest of shots at goal.
Always accept n understand that the freak snaps n outrageous manoeuvres will result in inconsistent results, but the simplest of shots from 15 to 30 metres out on slight angles or dead in front should be bread n butter basics not constant eyes closed horrors.
Young fellas an awesome talent, but his goal kicking should be running at an overall 60% or better not 50%.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Just one little wrinkle in Shai's game n it's his finishing in front of goal. Not sure I can think of another player over the years with anywhere near the pure football ability of Shai who can so often flub the simplest of shots at goal.
Always accept n understand that the freak snaps n outrageous manoeuvres will result in inconsistent results, but the simplest of shots from 15 to 30 metres out on slight angles or dead in front should be bread n butter basics not constant eyes closed horrors.
Young fellas an awesome talent, but his goal kicking should be running at an overall 60% or better not 50%.
And he missed one of those easy in front set shots last night, too.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I think he has kicked 39.39 for the year, 78 scoring shots !!

I think he's kicked around 10 out on the full too, so probably close to 90 scoring shots!! Ridiculous for a player that plays mid forward rather than just being stationed in the F50 the whole time.

Crazy stat, is that the next highest scoring player that runs through the midfield is the Bont and I think he has kicked 21 goals!!

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
I've been thinking about Bolton versus Dusty in his best years. The thing they have in common is that, through completely different mechanisms, they are/were both almost impossible to tackle. It buys them time and space to break up play at an elite level. Brilliant to watch too.

Reactions: 6 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I'm guessing he'd average 1 missed soda a game. But I'm not complaining.