Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Ripped off for Goal of the Year. It had the highest degree of difficulty by far. Popularity contest.
What about the three finalists for Mark of the Year. Who nominated those? Very underwhelming and there were better marks in nearly every round highlights package.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Listened to the ESPN podcast, got sucked in by 'GOTY farce' headline. One of the pundits was good. Went strong on the condemnation. Ridiculous that a goal that is not as good gets the nod just because a ruckman kicked it. Like giving the Emirates Stakes to a draught horse that comes last just because the crowd loved watching the big fella run down the Flemington straight..

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Caught MC Tom Steinfort say at the JDM that Shai's baby would be due for Father/son.
It's been very quiet around his new born baby. Obviously his family business but a bit unusual. Hope everything went ok for them.

Reactions: 2 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Caught MC Tom Steinfort say at the JDM that Shai's baby would be due for Father/son.
It's been very quiet around his new born baby. Obviously his family business but a bit unusual. Hope everything went ok for them.
Yes I have wondered too.
Hope all went well.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Caught my eye that Bolton finished =4th in the B&F, with Bakes, and 1 vote ahead of Cotch and Short. There has been a lot of hype about Bolton this year, but he still has a bit of work to do IMO, to be ranked with the true best in the comp, where he could be.

Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
4th is pretty good for a player in Shai's role. Sort of a small forward, bit of midfield and the more than occasional flashes of pure brilliance. What Shai needs is more consistency but that is not easy in his role and also relies on players around him.

He seems too slight to be a full time mid trying to extract the ball, makes up for that in other areas.

I also reckon he gets marked down because we see him do things no-one else can and ask why he can't be ridiculously good all game every game, which is just not possible. Part of it is knowing he has the talent to be the best in the comp so we judge him too harshly at times.

DS

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Just Sign him up for 8 years at $850k
has not turned 24 yet and his best years are ahead

Reactions: 1 user

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
With our current profile you'd think the only way that gets done is a long term back ended deal, 2 or 3 years at 700 odd and then heading towards Dustin country for 3 or 4 after that.
Absolutely
Martin , Lynch contracts ending
Tarrant , Grimes , Cotchin , Riewoldt , Broad finishing up in 3 years time
3 years time there will be cash to burn

Reactions: 1 user