Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Brilliant signing. I think we'll have got him before he peaks, so will have avoided him coming out in his prime during free agency.
He'll probably still be at his peak, but at the top, just about to come down again.
Well done Blair.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
You bloody ripper ! Great news & well done to Shai & the club getting it sorted so soon without any fuss.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
1671510157234.jpeg

Till end of 2028!! :cool:

He'll be just 29 by the end of the 2028 AFL season, definitely one more contract after this one for another 3-4 years in him :love:

Reactions: 6 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Great Xmas present.

Still remember a conversation with an RFC director in 2017, his first year. He told me that Balmey presented to the Board and was so excited with Bolton, saying he is the most exciting prospect he has seen. I recall thinking Balmey was a bit over excited and that he looked a bit too flashy and outside to me. But he has become a really complete player since with the flashiness still there as cream. Reckon he has more improvement too. Greater consistency in games being one.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Am I right saying Shai and DRioli ditched Ralph earlier this year and both are now on long term hassle free deals at Punt Rd ?

Reactions: 11 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Just love how Shai has got this done quickly without dragging it out next year. Credit also to Blair, the footy dept & Shai’s manager. This is his big contract. He’s obviously very happy & invested at Richmond. Going to be fun watching his prime footy in the Yellow & Black..

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Just love how Shai has got this done quickly without dragging it out next year. Credit also to Blair, the footy dept & Shai’s manager. This is his big contract. He’s obviously very happy & invested at Richmond. Going to be fun watching his prime footy in the Yellow & Black..
At the end of 2028, he'll be 29 and that isn't even peak/best years nowadays. Look what Selwood, Cotchin, Hawkins, Buddy are doing mid 30's, Boak too. Brady, Rodgers, Messi, Ronaldo (until this year). We've probably got at least another 10 years - end of 2032 - he'll be 33, and in 10 years time, who knows, 37-39 might be the norm with training and science improvements in 10 years time :love:

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Great Xmas present.

Still remember a conversation with an RFC director in 2017, his first year. He told me that Balmey presented to the Board and was so excited with Bolton, saying he is the most exciting prospect he has seen. I recall thinking Balmey was a bit over excited and that he looked a bit too flashy and outside to me. But he has become a really complete player since with the flashiness still there as cream. Reckon he has more improvement too. Greater consistency in games being one.
I was going to say improve the goalkicking - 43.41 this year. But then I remembered the number on his back!! :mhihi

KB - 778.781 all time. Shai a bit better than that 100.89 lol :LOL:

Reactions: 1 users