Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
That mark in the last 10 seconds was outrageous. The sort of thing that if Cyrilllllllll did it, McAvaney would have passed out due to lack of blood flow.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
That mark in the last 10 seconds was outrageous. The sort of thing that if Cyrilllllllll did it, McAvaney would have passed out due to lack of blood flow.
Lack of blood flow? Yeah, it would have all gone to his little head instead of the one on his shoulders.
”Delic…..” passed out in a wet mess

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Yes I believe so. He was great yesterday. Him playing well, Tim & Jacob, add Dion, Dusty and even Shorty, suddenly our mids are looking dangerous.
Fickle opposition but sometimes it's just what you need

Our guns all discovered some touch.

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Shai was brilliant last week against the Weagals.
Going to be super important tonight too. He is a point of difference when he's on.
We need him to play well again if we're to beat this mob.

Reactions: 5 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Bolton at his consistent best, channelling last week's efforts, will go a long way to the Tigers getting the points tonight.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
He might not have been BOG. But impact per possession was pound-for-pound. He's a little genius.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I can't think of another player in the AFL that is a smooth and electric as he is.

Cameron (maybe Hawkins) was going for a loose ball when from nowhere and accelerating, direction changing Shai slipped past and snatched it with the deftest of one-handed pickups at speed. All Cameron could do was try to rip Shai's head off in desperation. Poetry in motion.

Reactions: 4 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Loving how much his staying in games atm , having a major influence, also going first option a lot more

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
He might not have been BOG. But impact per possession was pound-for-pound. He's a little genius.
He has played a much better team game in the last few weeks. Almost too much "team" at times. But his ability at clearances is pretty incredible. He appears to be spending more time up the ground. No coincidence we are doing better. He and dusty spending more time up the ground will determine where we end up. It might help free him up mentally with his goal kicking?

Star.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I can't think of another player in the AFL that is a smooth and electric as he is.

Cameron (maybe Hawkins) was going for a loose ball when from nowhere and accelerating, direction changing Shai slipped past and snatched it with the deftest of one-handed pickups at speed. All Cameron could do was try to rip Shai's head off in desperation. Poetry in motion.
That was no more than about 25 metres from where I was sitting. The one hand pick up at speed is a dying art in our game but Shai made it look so easy.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Whenever the cats were pressing it was Shai who stepped up with the centre clearance giving us a quick reply.
Took the responsibility

Reactions: 4 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Against WCE Shai notched an aberrant 27 for 13SI. Confidence booster. Sharpener.

Against GEEL Shai had 2K 7HB to half time. CBF SI. He was just hanging in there.

He lit up after half time. 6K 5HB 1G 6SI. (20 touch, 1G game.)

Shai is a 20 touch, 1G, HFF/change mid in any company. Probably the best in the business. Cherish this.

Reactions: 5 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
a team thing! Shai, Tim, Dusty, Shorty, Dion & Jacob are playing above, thus helping eachother to get on top.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Against WCE Shai notched an aberrant 27 for 13SI. Confidence booster. Sharpener.

Against GEEL Shai had 2K 7HB to half time. CBF SI. He was just hanging in there.

He lit up after half time. 6K 5HB 1G 6SI. (20 touch, 1G game.)

Shai is a 20 touch, 1G, HFF/change mid in any company. Probably the best in the business. Cherish this.
Couldn’t agree more. Shai does the most remarkable things to the extent that sometimes he looks like he is showing off. Not everyone gets him and he can also stuff up, particularly with his set shots, and this also detracts.

On Saturday at 24, he plays his 100th and to me he has become our most valuable player. Love what he does. Congratulations and best wishes and 200 more please.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users