Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
Has had a difficult year injury wise and comes from a long way back in terms of his access to to training prior to coming to the Tigers. He has the basics though in that he is fast and a good mark and kick.
He also has pretty good anticipation in knowing when to go to the contest in front of him and when to stay with his man and defend from there.
As mentioned elsewhere he is contracted for next year.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Has had a difficult year injury wise and comes from a long way back in terms of his access to to training prior to coming to the Tigers. He has the basics though in that he is fast and a good mark and kick.
He also has pretty good anticipation in knowing when to go to the contest in front of him and when to stay with his man and defend from there.
Yes, by you....

But there’s no evidence of him being contracted for 2020. Draftees get 2 years when drafted, Miller has had his 2 years. I can’t find anything anywhere about him having re-signed for 2020.

Or are you saying he initially signed a 3 year contract?

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

I don't believe I've seen anything about him signing a new contract. Footywire also has him out of contract.

I suspect we will delist and re-rookie him.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria

No , he isn't contracted for next year, you are the only person who thinks he is & you are wrong

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
So is uncontracted and not mentioned as a delisting. If he’s to be recontracted he’s the luckiest man in footy. If he is to be delisted why wouldn’t it have happened when the others were?

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
His height and our low stock of talls has him hanging on. Probably waiting to see what the list size will end up being.

Reactions: 3 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
His height and our low stock of talls has him hanging on. Probably waiting to see what the list size will end up being.
Agree, his size gives him an advantage, the fact they were willing to try him as a ruck late doesnt hurt, but also uncertainty over list size, and uncertainty over a couple of our remaining players who may seek trades.
I reckon we would rather keep Miller than try to draft another tall late in the draft, or in the rookie draft, but maybe if all our remaining players stay he might go.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Agree, his size gives him an advantage, the fact they were willing to try him as a ruck late doesnt hurt, but also uncertainty over list size, and uncertainty over a couple of our remaining players who may seek trades.
I reckon we would rather keep Miller than try to draft another tall late in the draft, or in the rookie draft, but maybe if all our remaining players stay he might go.

That is how I read the game plan for Miller

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
He was in the background during the on ground interviews after the GF, he is a massive unit.
Think his size, and 3 years development and lack of exposed form in 2020 saves him from the chop this year, he does look the heir apparent to DTLD, who probably has a year or 2 left.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Still reckon Miller's first year or two should be disregarded as he was coming from so far back in elite training terms. Coming from Kalgoorlie and travelling to Perth and back just for games meant he missed a lot of the elite training most of the kids have access to all week.

So now with 3 years in the system he should be up to speed and the reports on him from the scratch matches this year showed some promise. Will be interesting to see his 2021. 21 years of age and 195cm he should be ready to step up his output.

Will be a bonus for us if he does

Reactions: 14 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
The coaches have been working hard on him in recent months so must see something in him that could suit our play. From memory he was an emergency once so must be getting closer to a game.