Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

Long Lost Hernaman

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 19, 2007
I think they saw something in him which they liked when putting him in the ruck in the scrimmages.

Separately, seeing as the Goo and Homewood got a run, may I add one time great big man hope Pat Steinfort?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
197cm great athlete with mobility and leap played mostly foward as a junior and getting reprogrammed to become a defender at AFL will take time
was selected in the same draft as Balta/CJ in 2017. He will have a ready body and could play similar role to Chol but we hope to turn him into Astbury replacement but with Soldo going down he is insurance and if he develops further then could have a career.

Rookie list is a great position for Miller

Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I think they saw something in him which they liked when putting him in the ruck in the scrimmages.

Separately, seeing as the Goo and Homewood got a run, may I add one time great big man hope Pat Steinfort?
Matty Francis, Brad McGee, Alistair Edwards, Ty Esler, Griffens, Elton, Vickery,
We know how to find quality talls

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014
I presume you mean Steve McKee & Alistair Scott? But overlooked Tim Barling.
Stuey Edwards? Kicked a bag (5?) in a night game at Waverley.........thought we were onto the next great forward.....

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I presume you mean Steve McKee & Alistair Scott? But overlooked Tim Barling.
Im over these over hyped kids that never show anything.
We waited for some of them for years and they just ended up getting delisted.
McBean would be close to the most over hyped kid we have ever had. Maybe 2nd was Scotty Homewood in the 90's he was the best kid never to play a game.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
McBean would be close to the most over hyped kid we have ever had. Maybe 2nd was Scotty Homewood in the 90's he was the best kid never to play a game.
No, that would be Pat Steinfort, or Simon Eastaugh

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Smalls get five minutes to prove they can play and talls get five years to prove they can't. Some old basketball saying rehashed.

Eggs vs Miller is the perfect case of this. It’s so true.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

glenn downing

Tiger Cub
Jun 2, 2014
I hope that they play Miller (together with Martyn, Collier-Dawkins and Ralphsmith) in a couple of pre-season practice matches to test him out at senior level. Play him in defense or in the ruck but let us see just what he can do at senior level. Maybe he will surprise us. We need to find out or at least get a decent indication that he can become more than just a back up/depth player. Also, it could improve his confidence that he is worthy of being retained on the list.

Reactions: 7 users

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Can't understand the hatred for Miller from some posters, it is almost like they want him to fail.

Reactions: 3 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Special mention David Gourdis.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

To be fair the club never really overhyped McBean. Dimma was always very circumspect about him, and I always remember the VFL coaches struggling to decide if he was a tall or a small, trying him out in the ruck or as KPP. It was the PRE McBean cult that did the hyping, this fed into the "Dimma hates talented players and wants only programmable robots" mythos.

All of which blessedly melted away in late 2017.

Reactions: 3 users