Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
McBean. Still holds the record as the world's tallest small forward.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I remember when he finally got a game and the difference in athleticism between him and Griffens was astonishing.

#McBenHolland
yeah, the combination of lack of strength and speed was what cost him. comparing him to Hipwood, Hipwood can move, when he is on the lead he is hard to stop. McBean would have struggled to get seperation on the lead, or hold his opponent off at AFL level.

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
yeah, the combination of lack of strength and speed was what cost him. comparing him to Hipwood, Hipwood can move, when he is on the lead he is hard to stop. McBean would have struggled to get seperation on the lead, or hold his opponent off at AFL level.
He was much worse than that.
I watched him a few times at Punt Road in the VFL. In one game the ball was kicked high to him on a number of occasions when he was one out against a player who was about 5' 10". As long as the player competed against him with body contact, McBean couldn't hold a mark. Thus I realised he was NOT going to be the second coming.

• Haha

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
He was much worse than that.
I watched him a few times at Punt Road in the VFL. In one game the ball was kicked high to him on a number of occasions when he was one out against a player who was about 5' 10". As long as the player competed against him with body contact, McBean couldn't hold a mark. Thus I realised he was NOT going to be the second coming.
He played for our sins

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I remember his first game in the seniors, ball spilled from a pack, then bounced off his face to a Richmond player who kicked the goal. The PRE McBean fan club claimed it as an assist.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I remember his first game in the seniors, ball spilled from a pack, then bounced off his face to a Richmond player who kicked the goal. The PRE McBean fan club claimed it as an assist.
Made contact with the ball n got it to a team mate, of course it was an assist. Falcon McBeanie.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
The face of God?

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Just for fun I went back and read the last few 40 pages of the Beano thread. Great passions on both sides. Was pretty funny as he got that run of three games end of 2016 and didn't do much, but it was tough time to play seniors to be fair. The usual suspects used it as evidence of Dimma's ineptitude. End of 2016 he got delisted which was pretty funny for many of us, although probably not for him, and our opinions were confirmed as no other AFL clubs were the slightest bit interested.

All seems so long ago now, to think we were in premiership heaven only one year later.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Just for fun I went back and read the last few 40 pages of the Beano thread. Great passions on both sides. Was pretty funny as he got that run of three games end of 2016 and didn't do much, but it was tough time to play seniors to be fair. The usual suspects used it as evidence of Dimma's ineptitude. End of 2016 he got delisted which was pretty funny for many of us, although probably not for him, and our opinions were confirmed as no other AFL clubs were the slightest bit interested.

All seems so long ago now, to think we were in premiership heaven only one year later.
Nice play on words there man.....In Premiership Heaven ....sans Mc Jesus :))

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
What has all this to do with Miller and 2021?
Untapped potential.. Us fans love it. Player is obviously a superstar, the recruiters are geniuses, until of course the aforementioned player actually takes the field.

• Haha

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’m looking at Miller as a new draftee , who just happens to have done a 3 year apprenticeship

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
A lot of players have had their careers negatively impacted by COVID.

Miller has benefited. Very lucky to get on the rookie list.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Yes and no ,fairly simple equation that he’d be > than any state league lug required to add depth in talls dept . Ran out of time to get a chance , of a few more HA remained he most def would have had a shot at it