Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Good to see. Now to ensure we get to re-rookie Cumberland and Biggie and I'll be very satisfied with our draft lead-up.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Definitely worth a crack at another year. Gives him the opportunity to improve and he looked close to being a decent defender at AFL level in his first game. Opportunity to learn off Grimes, Balta, Broad and now Tarrant.

Well worth the punt and hope he does well.

DS

Reactions: 7 users

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Miller could be a surprise, he only needs to be a stopper, anything else is a bonus IMO

Reactions: 7 users

amc11

Tiger Rookie
Dec 7, 2018
Congratulations to Ben and his partner Finlay on the birth of their son.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Has grown a few cm's since we drafted him, is now 198cm's, only I cm shorter than Nank.
Assuming Balta plays forward, will Miller be given the nod ahead of Gibcus against Carlton? It's an interesting dilemma, on his debut game against the Hawks I think he should, but on the other hand ,Gibcus is showing he might be one out of the box.
Like CJ and Mabs, Miller will be targeted by other clubs.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Has grown a few cm's since we drafted him, is now 198cm's, only I cm shorter than Nank.
Assuming Balta plays forward, will Miller be given the nod ahead of Gibcus against Carlton? It's an interesting dilemma, on his debut game against the Hawks I think he should, but on the other hand ,Gibcus is showing he might be one out of the box.
Maybe but I reckon for now he needs to show a bit more before someone comes for him.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia

Personally I think Gibcus spends some time learning the ropes from Grimes and Tarrant. Concerned he might not have the type of personality to enjoy that, but them's the breaks.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
According the Kingsley, Ben has come on leaps and bounds this preseason and is being targeted as our defensive gorilla. He is a big mobile unit so looking forward to seeing how he develops in 2022

Reactions: 10 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
According the Kingsley, Ben has come on leaps and bounds this preseason and is being targeted as our defensive gorilla. He is a big mobile unit so looking forward to seeing how he develops in 2022

I wonder whether this is a reason why Balta has been shifted forward. Miller, Balta, Grimes, Tarrant and Broad is far too tall and defensive.

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Athleticism is there & he's a better field kick than DTLD but not as good aerially. If he can fill that role though it's massive.

Reactions: 2 users

Swan Street Tiger

Tiger Cub
May 13, 2014
Get the feeling he is going to be given every chance to cement his spot this year.
Let Gibcus earn his spot in the two's!!

Reactions: 4 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Didn’t put a foot wrong yesterday. One thing I noticed is he is very comfortable with ball in hand.

I have him ahead of Gibcus for a Round 1 spot.

Reactions: 13 users