Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
From Dyer'ere report and Morris's report something must put a squib up Millers backside and he started working for a living in footy. Needs to do that for four quarters and then maybe he will become an AFL regular. It is in his own hands

Reactions: 1 user

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
From Dyer'ere report and Morris's report something must put a squib up Millers backside and he started working for a living in footy. Needs to do that for four quarters and then maybe he will become an AFL regular. It is in his own hands
He showed a lot of dash and great skills

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Two consecutive weeks on big improvement in Ben's game according to Morris so there is hope for him yet
Last 2 weeks big improvement in Ben's marking which is pleasing to see too.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Jack nominated exactly what he had to do - attack the air ball - and he did. He could still go harder at it, but that will come with confidence, and he would have gained a bit of that today. Well done, Ben.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Think he would do better in the forward line where he doesn’t have to spend too much time worry about what his opponent is doing. Balta and now Lynch missing.
Wouldn’t surprise if he limes up as a forward on Rampe in Sydney.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Not sure what it exactly is , however I’ve always thought he just is a bit Blah, just not enough AFL traits , however he’s last 2 games I’ve seen he has improved dramatically, taking grabs and taking the game on.

Not sure there’s a spot in the back half for Funky going forward , however he’s playing some very good football atm

Reactions: 2 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Mmm. So he came of age. Mmm.

Miller was awesome. But I still don't believe. Levels above the level.

Intensity? Commitment? I've never seen that bloke before. I can't accept this.

Miller is a pathetic spectator. He doesn't have white line fever - he has white line narcolepsy.

I need to put my fingers in the wounds.

This didn't really happen.

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
Why not play him forward this week, has done in the VFL .. We need a backup tall forward so badly. Its worth a go ! We also need someone to replace JR in 2023 ( that's if he retires ) . They tried Balta there .. why not give Miller a go .. what do ya think guys .

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Can't see it working but if they move him forward you can guarantee it will be tried at VFL level first.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Jesus, Miller is just building confidence down back. Put him forward if you want to destroy him.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
They have used him forward in the VFL in the past
To zero effect.

If rumours are true Broad is moving west at the end of the year, there will be a spot open in the defence for a quick versatall. Ben Miller can come in as #3 back. If.

Let's see a body of work.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Something has clicked in the last 2 weeks. Attacking the air ball without fear. And taking the game on.
Maybe the Morrow rocket did the trick?
We can only be a better team if Miller comes good. Let’s all cross our fingers he levels up.

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
To zero effect.

If rumours are true Broad is moving west at the end of the year, there will be a spot open in the defence for a quick versatall. Ben Miller can come in as #3 back. If.

Let's see a body of work.
I doubt we are looking to shift Broad, and regardless Miller is behind Balta, Gibcus and Biggie as mobile talls.
Structurally a move forward makes sense, but ill trust your judgement that ability wise it doesnt. At lease not at this point.

If he is in career best form as a defender in the VFL, leave him as a defender in the VFL. See if he can become a consistent dominant aggressive tall. If he can master those traits, and hold a mark, come next preseason a move can be considered if still needed.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I doubt we are looking to shift Broad, and regardless Miller is behind Balta, Gibcus and Biggie as mobile talls.
Structurally a move forward makes sense, but ill trust your judgement that ability wise it doesnt. At lease not at this point.

If he is in career best form as a defender in the VFL, leave him as a defender in the VFL. See if he can become a consistent dominant aggressive tall. If he can master those traits, and hold a mark, come next preseason a move can be considered if still needed.
It's more the rumour that Broad is looking to move.

If he is, we are usually amenable to that sort of thing. As much as I love Broad, we have developing cover in the role. If we could snag Petrucelle it could even be a net gain. (By that I don't mean that Petrucelle is a better player than Broad. I mean that if Broad leaves we have Biggie or Brown or Miller to step into the role - talented players with youth on their side and much improvement to come. And Petrucelle is something we need - another blistering small forward. And turning 24 next year in the right age bracket, and also with improvement to come.)

Miller. Back. Only. He'll never be a forward.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
It's more the rumour that Broad is looking to move.

If he is, we are usually amenable to that sort of thing. As much as I love Broad, we have developing cover in the role. If we could snag Petrucelle it could even be a net gain.

Miller. Back. Only. He'll never be a forward.
I doubt West Coast would want him, and doubt Freo would need him. I reckon the only club to the west that would be interested is the cats. but he isnt 30 for another year, so even their interest might be minimal.

On Miller, i rarely see much VFL so cant really comment. It would be a pity if he cant make, what ever position, though. he has the size, mobility and kick to be a pretty handy player.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I doubt West Coast would want him, and doubt Freo would need him. I reckon the only club to the west that would be interested is the cats. but he isnt 30 for another year, so even their interest might be minimal.

On Miller, i rarely see much VFL so cant really comment. It would be a pity if he cant make, what ever position, though. he has the size, mobility and kick to be a pretty handy player.
Miller can make it as a back, if he continues to build along his current trajectory. The risk of regression is very real though, with types like Ben who lack physical confidence. That's why we have to leave him in that role, where he is growing and beginning to build that confidence.

Freo has no need for Broad, correct. West Coast might, if Hurn retires. Going into a rebuild, a triple-premiership player might be seen as valuable, in the Hodge to Brisbane mould.