Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
miller would get killed my hawkins, just not strong enough in contested marking and body work

hawkins is a man mountain, tarrant our only option

miller deserves another chance, but not against hawkins

Reactions: 6 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Champion
Dec 30, 2021
miller would get killed my hawkins, just not strong enough in contested marking and body work

hawkins is a man mountain, tarrant our only option

miller deserves another chance, but not against hawkins
Cathwaite + Miller = No Good

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Keep hearing clubs are looking for key defenders for 2023.
Tarrant just starting to become a solid player.
Gibcus needs a break.

Getting to the pointy end where the team needs to be settled.
Think we may regret not giving Miller more opportunity.

Reactions: 6 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Keep hearing clubs are looking for key defenders for 2023.
Tarrant just starting to become a solid player.
Gibcus needs a break.

Getting to the pointy end where the team needs to be settled.
Think we may regret not giving Miller more opportunity.
Sort of agree and don't agree, realistically it's only been the last month or so that Ben has deserved to come under serious consideration.

I do agree that this week would have been a good opportunity to give Gibcus a spell and Ben a game.

Reactions: 1 user

momentai

Tiger Champion
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Sort of agree and don't agree, realistically it's only been the last month or so that Ben has deserved to come under serious consideration.

I do agree that this week would have been a good opportunity to give Gibcus a spell and Ben a game.
Has put in a serviceable game in all but one, Adelaide. Still doubt on Tarrant's speed, and if that becomes an issue over the next few months who knows.
Miller should be getting games while he is in career best form and particularly now for that reason, and because Gibbo at 18, is beginning to struggle.

Reactions: 3 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Other posters have said he had another good game in the twos today so has to be pushing for promotion to take tired and aging first teamer places. We have put years into him and now he is hitting his straps we don't want our hard work benefiting another club come season end

Reactions: 4 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I think it's down to whether the coaches see more value in persisting with Gibcus down back or not. That's the only way he gets in barring injury.