Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I cannot see Miller as a winger and with the players we altrady have listed im not too sure why we would even consider him in that role

Ralphsmith , Pickett , Mcintosh , Banks , Smith and a few more that could play that role

We need miller to be playing 2nd Ruck/Fwd or even KPD so many big man roles we can utilise him what could he offer as a wing that we dont get with Hugo or McIntosh
Agree.

I think the attractive side of Miller is his speed.
Coupled with his size and footskills he could find an advantage, similar to Blicavs. Still plays 2nd ruck or key back but get him using his toe against lumbering giants

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Terrific progress after his return to the team last year and during this preseason.
Bigger, stronger and faster than ever.

Now a similar size and with the same athletic prowess as Geelong’s Mark Biclavs.

Going well and is still very much in the improver category. Predict he will follow the Biclavs path.

Same height, maybe 10kg lighter and around 7 years younger.
No need to compare him to Biclavs.
Our player is going to make his own
mark on the game.
:unsure:

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I don’t know if Biclavs wants the ball as much as Richo did. Be a fascinating duel if those guys played on each other in their primes.
It would be a slaughter. Richo's contested aerial work is as good as anyone I've ever seen live. I mean it had to be with the *smile* delivery he received his whole career.

I'd bet Richo would have faster straight line speed too.

Blivacs has become a good footballer but Richo carried a club for a decade. Chalk and cheese.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Agree.

I think the attractive side of Miller is his speed.
Coupled with his size and footskills he could find an advantage, similar to Blicavs. Still plays 2nd ruck or key back but get him using his toe against lumbering giants
Not really too much of a puzzle 17. Miller came to the club via a pick in the 60's with, dare I say, a certain athleticism, ambition and not much more. Through his own efforts and no doubt the coaching he has received, he now seems to have the confidence and skill set to command regular selection. This may be a spectacular result for the club given Nanks injury woes and what I see as the games changing emphasis, the latter created by some highly controversial rule changes.
Not a stretch to see Ben becoming an automatic selection and with a top 10 finish in the JDM.

• Love

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
It would be a slaughter. Richo's contested aerial work is as good as anyone I've ever seen live. I mean it had to be with the *smile* delivery he received his whole career.

I'd bet Richo would have faster straight line speed too.

Blivacs has become a good footballer but Richo carried a club for a decade. Chalk and cheese.
I was referring to running ability to see who would run harder and faster.
No comparison between the two football wise. Biclavs not even in the same conversation

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Not really too much of a puzzle 17. Miller came to the club via a pick in the 60's with, dare I say, a certain athleticism, ambition and not much more. Through his own efforts and no doubt the coaching he has received, he now seems to have the confidence and skill set to command regular selection. This may be a spectacular result for the club given Nanks injury woes and what I see as the games changing emphasis, the latter created by some highly controversial rule changes.
Not a stretch to see Ben becoming an automatic selection and with a top 10 finish in the JDM.
you wrote a post comparing Miller to Blicavs, then wrote a post saying he shouldnt be compared to Blicavs.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
you wrote a post comparing Miller to Blicavs, then wrote a post saying he shouldnt be compared to Blicavs.
Discussion concerning the difference between speed and stamina, as pointed out by others.

He had a very good start to todays game.
Playing his role as ruck follower, pretty well. That follow up speed a highlight ?

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
As a footballer no doubt, as an athlete it would be fascinating.
Blicav’s dad was the best Aussie basketballer, pound for pound, until Bogut. Lost to injury - but in his early forties could still play above the ring without a right (left?) kneecap and only 6’2. His son being an endurance athlete was a surprise. He probably has more explosive power than recognised. Still - Richo would pull his pants down and give him a tidy spanking!

• Love

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Discussion concerning the difference between speed and stamina, as pointed out by others.

He had a very good start to todays game.
Playing his role as ruck follower, pretty well. That follow up speed a highlight ?

When he moved into the middle and took centre bounces, was it a coincidence that we suddenly got on top.

Reactions: 3 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Richo would beat him in the sprints. 800+ would be Blicavs, 400 would be a contest.
Richo was always our fastest player over 400. He was quick, but not little guy quick, though he had a massive tank.