Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
He certainly doesn't show any of his draft combine results, equal 1st in the agility test 8.10, and a 2.91 in the 20 metre sprint. Looks to be lacking in confidence.

I hope he doesn't turn out to be a bust, because we have an alarming lack of young key position talls.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Can we put a line through Ben Miller? Just doesn't look likely. 3 disposals today in VFL.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
2nd year 2m key defender who runs under 3s for 20m.
has wheels, has reach. still learning.
playing forward so that Balta and Garthy play defence and are ready to step straight into the 1s.
Miller gets 2 more years and we reassess in 2021

Reactions: 1 user

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
playing forward so that Balta and Garthy play defence and are ready to step straight into the 1s.

Has anyone actually seen this blistering pace other than his publicist?

• Haha

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
ok I agree thats a good approach. Rookie. Tell him he has 2 years.

But we dont have many young talls coming through. He isnt going to be ready but has the athletic tools.
Just dont think we should be judging him on disposals or involvement yet. Season 4 or 5

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
There was a long switch kick to him in the last today. All he had to do was lean into his man, protect the space and take a simple chest mark. Didn't lay body on his man or finger on the ball. Loooong way off.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
fair enough I havent seen him play.
Hasnt had good reports all year and sounds down in form and confidence.

But if he comes on and makes the grade when Dave and Rancey retire, then it is massive for our setup. It frees up Balta to become a star and play anywhere

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
He is big, he is young and he is learning albeit slowly and we will need another big defender in a couple of years so as he is relatively cheap, worth keeping on the books for another season or two to see how he progresses

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Remember, this was a guy who barely trained during the U18 period as he lived so far away from his team. He's a project player, and not gonna magically turn it on after 2 years, very few big men do. He got drafted purely on the back of his athleticism and size, and his potential.

Let's see if the club think there is a graph heading up or downwards. Changing him at either end of the ground won't be accelerating his development either I don't believe.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

He's "only" 195cm in the Footy Record and standing beside Coleman-Jones he was noticeably shorter

We were talking about him after the game and he's gonna struggle to stay on the list as there doesn't seem an obvious role for him

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Happy for him to get another year at least but I'd still be looking for a genuine tall key defender to bring into the club.

197cm + is a must.