Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Who'd ya have in mind Spooker
Not many elite CHBs fall out of favour, unfortunately craig. Andrews would be a dream but nothing more. Ditto Pearce at Freo, Logue probably not gettable either. Would love Ben King but North wouldn't let him go. I think Day has re-signed with the Suns.

So, you're down to blokes who can do a job. Hartley from Essendon? Keath probs ungettable. Worth seeing if our medicos can fix Ben Reid?

I dunno.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Not many elite CHBs fall out of favour, unfortunately craig. Andrews would be a dream but nothing more. Ditto Pearce at Freo, Logue probably not gettable either. Would love Ben King but North wouldn't let him go. I think Day has re-signed with the Suns.

So, you're down to blokes who can do a job. Hartley from Essendon? Keath probs ungettable. Worth seeing if our medicos can fix Ben Reid?

I dunno.

???, Ben McKay ??

Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Yes, that one. Wrong twin.

Actually that could be an inspired choice (Ben McKay)
He just hasn’t had a proper go yet at the top level and has a lot going for him because he’s just as athletic as his brother.
Be a bonus too if he became a good player somewhere else just to stick it up North

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
He’s done nothing in 2years. NOTHING.

May as well bring back Todd Elton or Dave Gourdis.

Or have kept Chol on the list this year.

Because of his size and speed, Miller will be judged on attitude and potential for improvement, not on performance- and they are things that most of us cant really judge from afar.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I thought Miller had taken some nice steps forward playing back earlier this year, I haven’t seen much recently to get excited about him playing as forward. Doesn’t look a natural footballer to me, however has some very nice athletic traits for a big lad, I’m not confident the big fella will be a 100 gamer, however I think he maybe a bit of a slow burn who I’m not against chancing for another season or 2 .

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Any player that finishes in the top ten at the draft camp for goal kicking, 20 mt sprint, agility and is 195cm is defiantly worth an extra couple of years to see if he can develop.

Reactions: 3 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Any player that finishes in the top ten at the draft camp for goal kicking, 20 mt sprint, agility and is 195cm is defiantly worth an extra couple of years to see if he can develop.
Come to think of it I can’t recall Miller missing a set shot. Perhaps the rationale is concerning his possessions as forward is more so quality rather than quantity. If he gets 5 shots on goal he’s probably more inclined to kick 4 of the 5

Stylo

Tiger Champion
Oct 13, 2012

I dunno.

Sam Taylor

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
Doesn't seem to find any of the ball. Wouldn't think he would be on the main list at the end of the year. Move to Rookie at best.

tony_montana

Tiger Rookie
Aug 15, 2018
Havent seen much of him, but what i saw last week didnt impress me - Is he fit? Bc his much vaunted speed and agility looked a furphy. Wasnt slow but definitely didnt look super quick or agile, up to 3/4 time had had about 1-2 touches.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Ben Miller. Out of contract. Will we give him an extension? WIth CCJ taking steps and Soldo and Chol upping the ante not sure a 195cm guy recruited as a ruck/forward will get another gig. Here's VFL reports of his games from Rd 15 on.

Rd 20:
Two disposals, one tackle & one goal

“Low impact in this game, he kicked a nice goal and we’re really looking for him to improve in his contest stuff. He’s learning the craft of being a forward and this week was a good learning day for him.”

Rd 19
Eight disposals, two goals & two inside-50s

“Played forward early and looked really lively, kicked two goals. His lateral movement and his decision-making inside-50 was a feature this week and he looked really hard to play on. He had to go back in the last quarter and played his role well there. This was one of his better performances.”

Rd 18
Six disposals, two goals, three marks & two tackles

“Played as a key forward this week, gave us a good contest and will continue to learn in that role. He finished the game with two goals in the last quarter which was reward for some hard work.”

Rd 17
Five disposals & disposals

“Competed well as a key forward this week and kicked a couple of goals.”

Rd 16
10 disposals, five marks & three rebound-50s

“Played back, he looks like he’s improving every week coming back from injury. He was forced to go forward late in the game and is becoming flexible in his role every week. We like his game.”

Rd 15
Six disposals, four marks & one tackle

“First game back, only played limited game time with half a game but it was good to see him back out on the track. Hopefully we can get some continuity into his body and play out the rest of the year so we see the best of ‘Benny’ Miller in the second half of the year.”

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
We have to move on three as a minimum.

I think this project may just be too difficult. They haven't done him favour throwing him around, unless it's been his chance to stake his claim to stay.

Big VFL finals needed.