Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
It’s now or never for Miller

Big chance to get himself an afl career .

Has been lighting it up in the vfl

With balta out and maybe tarrant , Miller will have a very inportant role to play
Big opportunity in front of him.
Needs to dominate tomorrow against Coburg.

Reactions: 2 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Played well enough today to be the next tall back to get callup when needed

Reactions: 8 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
What makes you think that Dyer’ere?

Emerging tall backs are gold, SST. Miller would be playing at most other clubs. It's hard to think of many he wouldn't be playing at. Those not in the window can afford to develop someone like Miller at senior level.

It is certain that as at mid June 2022 other clubs are all over his form and development. And most of them need a tall back for next year. So it is certain that right now they are prepared to pay him. He's out of contract at the end of the season.

The question, then, is whether we're prepared to pay/play him. Right now we have a very good idea of whether we are. But we still have to test this. And that means that we may have to play him in the ones, even if Balta, Gibcus, Tarrant are fit. Not just for a game but a month.

But it's Big City Football season now. We want to settle our lineup and that means Balta, Tarrant, Gibcus in. So no opportunity for Miller.

This was the situation we faced only a few days ago. And then - the hand of fate.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
If he comes in for Balta or Tarrant it will be his most important in his life.
If he fails and has a stinker, Put his name alongside Marytn, Ross, Collier dawkins to be delisted.
He has good hands and can play a very important role against Geelong.

Swan Street Tiger

Tiger Cub
May 13, 2014
Emerging tall backs are gold, SST. Miller would be playing at most other clubs. It's hard to think of many he wouldn't be playing at. Those not in the window can afford to develop someone like Miller at senior level.

It is certain that as at mid June 2022 other clubs are all over his form and development. And most of them need a tall back for next year. So it is certain that right now they are prepared to pay him. He's out of contract at the end of the season.

The question, then, is whether we're prepared to pay/play him. Right now we have a very good idea of whether we are. But we still have to test this. And that means that we may have to play him in the ones, even if Balta, Gibcus, Tarrant are fit. Not just for a game but a month.

But it's Big City Football season now. We want to settle our lineup and that means Balta, Tarrant, Gibcus in. So no opportunity for Miller.

This was the situation we faced only a few days ago. And then - the hand of fate.
So do you think both Miller and Biggy will be on the list next year?
I am a fan of both and would love to see both retained...

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
So do you think both Miller and Biggy will be on the list next year?
I am a fan of both and would love to see both retained...

I can't see us punting Biggie, SST. Much younger prospect than Miller.

Miller will probably be playing senior football next year, SST. Probably at Richmond. If we don't give him a go there are four or ten clubs who will.

The only reason the above is probable rather than certain is that Miller sometimes gets very shy when it's time to light up.

His disposal (elite at any level) has been off a bit for a few weeks. I put that down to fatigue. Fatigue is an all-new problem for Ben. And aren't the fans thrilled to see it? Miller is running.

All we want him to do is run and keep running. He's about to get a chance.

Reactions: 5 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Caleb Graham, Ryan Gardner, Sam Durdin, Jordan Butts and some rando sparky from the Eagles ( guess) are all at clubs that would look at Miller as an upgrade.

Backline Chol vibes.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
It does seem many of us want and believe Miller will succeed at RFC and if his recent form at VFL is anything to go by, his self confidence has improved and his game shows it so as Dyer'ere says, we have to give him a run to see if he will make it. Starting against the Cats will be a tall order but that is AFL for you. If we don't we have developed a KPB for some other club

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
I can't see us punting Biggie, SST. Much younger prospect than Miller.

Miller will probably be playing senior football next year, SST. Probably at Richmond. If we don't give him a go there are four or ten clubs who will.

The only reason the above is probable rather than certain is that Miller sometimes gets very shy when it's time to light up.

His disposal (elite at any level) has been off a bit for a few weeks. I put that down to fatigue. Fatigue is an all-new problem for Ben. And aren't the fans thrilled to see it? Miller is running.

All we want him to do is run and keep running. He's about to get a chance.
get him on the punching bag.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
We throwed Garthwaite on Hawkins and did well can't see why Miller wouldn't be serviceable.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
I’m playing Miller on Cameron. He has the pace and tank to play on him.

Hawkins will just push Miller in the back all day and get away with it. We need Tarrant to play on him.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I’m playing Miller on Cameron. He has the pace and tank to play on him.

Hawkins will just push Miller in the back all day and get away with it. We need Tarrant to play on him.
I would play Grimes on Cameron