Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Agree, while everyone is tradeable at the right price, trading Soldo would leave us with 2 ruck who dont have a possession in the AFL between them (1 of whom is probably another 2 years away). and Miller, who is going ok as the 2nd ruck/forward. Playing no1 ruck is very different.
Ryan looks a great prospect, but I would hate for him to be forced to be the No1 ruck each week if Nank went down.
See your point but by most clubs standards we are going to be over supplied with rucks. We didn’t fight to hard to keep two last year and I think he might go, especially if he is highly valued by our friends at GWS.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
The mark & subsequent goal shows just how high his confidence is.

Wasn't an easy mark, hit it at pace & marked the ball at the highest possible point

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Dare I say he has the physical skills to be a better player than David Astbury if his overhead marking continues on its current trajectory.
Taller, Faster and definitely more agile. Better by foot too.
Long way to go as David was a champion but I can see the potential if they can get him to understand what it takes to dominate an opponent.
We’ve been gifted an emerging key position player from right under our own noses.
So exciting

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Dare I say he has the physical skills to be a better player than David Astbury if his overhead marking continues on its current trajectory.
Long way to go as David was a champion but I can see the potential if they can get him to understand what it takes to dominate an opponent

and get him to understand that he has it in him to become a very good AFL player

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
See your point but by most clubs standards we are going to be over supplied with rucks. We didn’t fight to hard to keep two last year and I think he might go, especially if he is highly valued by our friends at GWS.
Soldo is not enough of an upgrade for GWS to seek him, and is too valuable a back-up for us to let him go.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
All good clubs have 2-3 genuine ruck options. Miller at 198cm has genuine versatility and is getting better with each outing. When his 2 year contract comes to an end, (he will be 24/25yo) Nanak will be 30, Tarrant would have retired, Broad will be 31, Grimes 32, Vloss 30, Lynch 31, Jack would have retired. There will be a few KPP spots to fill over the next few years.

Reactions: 8 users

sportshow

Tiger Rookie
Apr 14, 2009
looks very good for mine in the ruck - is better in centre bounce than Nank - could end up being pretty valuable ....

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Long way to go as David was a champion but I can see the potential if they can get him to understand what it takes to dominate an opponent.
We’ve been gifted an emerging key position player from right under our own noses.
So exciting
Saying Ben could be better player than Dave is borderline heresy! Seriously, as a supporter of Ben, I do agree that has all the attributes to hit those lofty heights as his career progresses. As his confidence in his own abilities improves as it has done in the last four of five games he will go places!

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Freo have abandoned there chase for Ricky Jackson and now preparing to chase Hard for Miller.
Sources from WA are reporting 3 1st rounders will be bare minimum in any trade for Benny Miller

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
So exciting
Dave was also a tough bastard ...underated cos he was steady.

I always saw Dave as a CHB type even when he started forward. Had defender written all over him for mine.

If Ben gets to Astburys level of physical play with his better athleticism he is going to be a dominant tall.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Soldo is not enough of an upgrade for GWS to seek him, and is too valuable a back-up for us to let him go.
Soldo will also most likely go up two gears next season after a full pre season and a year and a half post ACL, should get closer to his 19/20 condition with some luck, and increased confidence in his knee.

Reactions: 2 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I would extend him NOW

Give him 3 years @ $300k

He is looking better and better every time he plays and has all the tools to make it , Just 22 years old and physically a super athlete thats 198cm/200cm and 100kgs. lightening speed , agilty and is a strong boy now

They dont grow on tree's
I posted this back in April , The club should have given him the extra year and tied him up for longer
So good to see him finally getting his chance to cement his spot

Played Fwd/Ruck as a junior and defence in the VFL , Perfect Swingman combined with Balta they will give us so much flexibility

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
All good clubs have 2-3 genuine ruck options. Miller at 198cm has genuine versatility and is getting better with each outing. When his 2 year contract comes to an end, (he will be 24/25yo) Nanak will be 30, Tarrant would have retired, Broad will be 31, Grimes 32, Vloss 30, Lynch 31, Jack would have retired. There will be a few KPP spots to fill over the next few years.
Gibcus
Balta
Miller
Ryan
Soldo ruck

At this stage also Bauer Nyuon Colina
And we’ll recruit others

Reactions: 1 users