Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Freak vision and ball handling at times yesterday. Natural footballer. Scanlan’s skills. Confidence grew as the game wore on.

I don’t mind us switching him around. Lotta scope with this bloke. Experience is key. He was pretty good yesterday and might go right in with it.

Reactions: 3 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Freak vision and ball handling at times yesterday. Natural footballer. Scanlan’s skills. Confidence grew as the game wore on.

I don’t mind us switching him around. Lotta scope with this bloke. Experience is key. He was pretty good yesterday and might go right in with it.
We have to find his spot but if he is so versatile then so much the better. I couldn't watch the match in UK so have to rely on others views so to hear Ben has gone up a notch since last season and getting more confident cheers me up no end

Reactions: 1 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb

There were some great moments yesterday. As others have pointed out the wind played havoc, but all in all a very good opening.
For a ruck he played like a midfielder.
Could be the ideal relief for both Nank and
Jack.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
We have to find his spot but if he is so versatile then so much the better. I couldn't watch the match in UK so have to rely on others views so to hear Ben has gone up a notch since last season and getting more confident cheers me up no end
Miller's set up of a goal with about 16 minutes to go in the second was just about the classiest play of the game, UK. Natural footballer with outstanding vision and IQ. And *smile* brisk.

Still learning aerial football. And as spook has mentioned doesn't get huge air.

There were some great moments yesterday. As others have pointed out the wind played havoc, but all in all a very good opening.
For a ruck he played like a midfielder.
Could be the ideal relief for both Nank and
Jack.

Did some glamourous stuff, Mo. He was walking out fo the ground with Nank. Not much in that size wise.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Anyone know why he didn’t play yesterday?

I don't see it, if he is best 22 then I think we're outside the 8, which is why I don't think he is anywhere near it at this stage.

He's the sort of guy who could step up and play in a flag to cover an injury but if you are exposing him week in and week out as a key member of the side then I think it's trouble.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Anyone know why he didn’t play yesterday?
Looks like Tyler Young has locked down the reserve tall back role, for now, SA. Soldo preferred as change ruck. And Ryan the reserve tall forward.

Miller can play all three roles and might be preferred in a real game. But he's on the fringe atm.

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Looks like Tyler Young has locked down the reserve tall back role, for now, SA. Soldo preferred as change ruck. And Ryan the reserve tall forward.

Miller can play all three roles and might be preferred in a real game. But he's on the fringe atm.
Does anyone know what role he played on Saturday?

Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Disappointing last night TBH

Just looks a low confidence type. Like he thinks he shouldn’t be out there.

Would love to see him assert himself, break a pack, something brutal.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Lining up for goal he looked like a deer in the headlights. He gave us flexibility forward and back, but he's probably the last person you want to be unsettling by playing various roles.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Lining up for goal he looked like a deer in the headlights. He gave us flexibility forward and back, but he's probably the last person you want to be unsettling by playing various roles.

That kick in the pocket it was so obvious he didn't feel comfortable. Probably should have just set it up, even when only kicking from 35m out. Give us a 2nd crack if you aren't confident. 6 times out on the full yesterday by Tigers players is just giving the ball straight back to them, and enables them to transition.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Still Blah to me , handy in the back up ruck role that’s about it .

Absolutely be playing Ryan in front of him , “potentially “ so much more to offer

Reactions: 2 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
If he's to level up he's gotta lift his intensity. He's done that five times already but it's still his weakness.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Is frustrating, Ben has good skills, he didn't want to take that shot at goal last night, has no self belief.

Last edited:

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Both Miller and Ross had disastrous shots at goal that most under-age kids could slot through or at least get a close point. If they have no confidence in goal-kicking when they are on the big stage then they don't deserve to be there. Some guys are just seconds players and that's what they'll always be. Ross is terrific at 2k and 3k time trials but he's playing AFL and he just must be able to kick better to hold his place. I realise that Bolton also messed up an easy shot because he wanted to do a snap but the Carlton defender was too close (perhaps within 5m) which put him off. He also has credits in the bank.