Pick 72: Ryan Garthwaite | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 72: Ryan Garthwaite

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The forgotten player.

With Balta injured, and Astbury doubtful, he's the obvious replacement for mine. Having said that, it's probably now or never for Miller.

Balta's injury and Astbury injury concerns the last couple of seasons, this might be career saving for one and maybe both of them.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
It will be interesting out he plays back today. Miller too.
If Balta and Broad are out, and Astbury not back, they both might need to come in.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
The forgotten player.

With Balta injured, and Astbury doubtful, he's the obvious replacement for mine. Having said that, it's probably now or never for Miller.

Balta's injury and Astbury injury concerns the last couple of seasons, this might be career saving for one and maybe both of them.

Yep, Garthy come on down...

Reactions: 1 user

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Garth has had a few chances at AFL level but has been unable to crack it at that level. No shame in that as in the grand scheme of things relatively few are able to make it at the top level. He has to be well down in the pecking order for a call up next Thursday

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Garth gets another crack..This is probably the selection that sets off alarm bells.
Will likely play back.
Really felt he was in the exit lounge so we're scraping the barrel a bit here with Miller now injured & Biggy obvs not ready yet.
The reason I'm so concerned is that in recent outings at VFL level, Garthwite has been a bit of a patch up guy.
His form looked to have dropped off particularly when playing in defence so he was being used forward as the likes of CJ & Chol earned promotion to the seniors.
He has looked far more effective up forward than in defence. His kicking for goal (whilst unorthodox) in particular is good.
Actually feel a bit for him here because he finally gets an opportunity but he's been thrown to the wolves a little given the way he's been thrown around all over the place at VFL level.
Alternatively that may stand him in good stead as a swingman.
Regardless best of luck to Grathy. Hope he kills it.

Reactions: 5 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
All we ask is that we get one good game from Garth - hold the fort against the pies till hopefully Vlas is back next week.

One good game that’s all.

Reactions: 1 users