Pick 72: Ryan Garthwaite | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 72: Ryan Garthwaite

puregreen

Tiger Champion
Dec 6, 2009
Welcome to the Tigers Ryan.

*Another with an interesting kicking style - saying he is good one on one defender.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Forgive Double post -

Isnt he the bloke who cant kick ?

Thought we werent drafting blokes that cant kick

puregreen

Tiger Champion
Dec 6, 2009
Yeah, they mentioned that on the radio, said he's got an unusual kicking style - I thought we covered that spot with Callum Moore last year.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
puregreen said:
Yeah, they mentioned that on the radio, said he's got an unusual kicking style - I thought we covered that spot with Callum Moore last year.

We must continue our quota of 1 pick that cant kick every draft

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Gets a little bit harder in the draft to find Judd types.

Timmy99

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 7, 2006
Canberra
Had to pick up a KPD and Ryan was the best available at this pick.

Solid draft for mine that complements the trade period nicely.

chaz

time to take out the trash
Feb 2, 2005
wangaratta
Congrats Ryan on becoming a tiger please don't read internet footy chat forums just go on to be a great player for our club

Reactions: 1 user

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
::) ::) Another dud kick while the Hawks with their first pick in the 70's grab a beautiful kick of the footy. Bunch of peanuts running the show. Thought they learnt their lesson with defenders that can't kick with Astbury and Broad.

E

easy_tiger

24 possys and 9 marks as a backman in the TAC granny.

I love those type of numbers on those types of occasions.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
This kid is a good get at #72.

From my limited viewing of him he's competitive and smart. His footskills can be scrappy. But his hands are good. He can play.

I have long lamented Richmond's inability to complete what should be one of the simplest recruiting tasks - a #3 back.

It's good to see Clarke, in his first year at the helm, attending to that.

asian tetley

Tiger Superstar
Jul 5, 2012
frawleyudud said:
::) ::) Another dud kick while the Hawks with their first pick in the 70's grab a beautiful kick of the footy. Bunch of peanuts running the show. Thought they learnt their lesson with defenders that can't kick with Astbury and Broad.
Noticed that also.
Hawks don't select players with iffy kicking skills.

E

easy_tiger

asian tetley said:
Noticed that also.
Hawks don't select players with iffy kicking skills.

isaac smiths last kick was pretty *smile* iffy

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Dyer'ere said:
This kid is a good get at #72.

From my limited viewing of him he's competitive and smart. His footskills can be scrappy. But his hands are good. He can play.

I have long lamented Richmond's inability to complete what should be one of the simplest recruiting tasks - a #3 back.

It's good to see Clarke, in his first year at the helm, attending to that.
What about Dylan Grimes ?

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
After watching his highlights i imagined him, Broad and Astbury in the same backline!! :yellowno :yellowno

We sure do pick them. I think James Manson from Collingwood had a better kicking action then this bloke.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
frawleyudud said:

A club that constantly drafts footballers lacking the basics requirements to play the game