Pick your best side from what we've got. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick your best side from what we've got.

tassiedave

Wingman of the future!
Aug 5, 2003
Whats the best side we can field with our current list?

Mine is:

B:Newman/Gaspar/Zantuck
HB:Hilton/A Kellaway/Chaffey
C:Richardson/Campbell/Bowden
HF:Krakouer/Ottens/Tivendale
F:McGrath/Holland/Rodan

R:Stafford/Johnson/Coghlan

Bench:Hall/Fiora/Blumfield/Schulz

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Tassiedave seeing your team confirms my thoughts that our list isn't as bad as people keep saying.

I don't mean our complete list, that drops away pretty quickly and we've paid for lack of depth.

I still think our best 22 should be competitive with most in the league.

Something is wrong that the players show such poor skill, bad decision making and lack of spirit and endevour sometimes.

Those players in your team are far from all duds so I'd love to know what the problem is.

I don't think McGrath would be in our top 22 atm. He is still very light and appears to get brushed aside a bit easily. I wonder how he'll fare against the Bummer thugs this week.

I wouldn't include Rory either. Not sure what the story is, I've been told he's coming back to the bush this year but by Rory's standard he's had a very ordinary season.

Otherwise I pretty much agree with your team. :)

tassiedave

Wingman of the future!
Aug 5, 2003
Hi Rosy.

I thought about adding a question mark to 2 or 3 (Rory was one) but then that would create a whole new debate.

What do you call "back to the bush"?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I had a friend playing for Euroa and they've been told Rory is playing there next year. My son is at the Wodonga Raiders, Rory's old team, and there is a bit of speculation he'll go back there too but I think that's more in the wishful thinking vein there though.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
B: Zantuck Gaspar Chaffey
HB: Newman A.Kellaway Campbell
C: Tivendale Coughlan Cameron
HF: Blumfield Richardson Bowden
F: Stafford Holland Krakouer
Foll: Ottens Johnson Rodan
INT: Schulz, Fiora, Hall, Dragacevic/McGrath
EMERG: Hilton, Draga/McGrath, Pettifer

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
B - Newman Gaspar Zantuck
HB - Chaffey A Kellaway Campbell
C - Fiora Coughlan Tivendale
HF - Richardson Schulz Bowden
F - Blumfield Stafford Krakouer

Foll - Ottens Johnson Rodan

Inter - Hall, Pettifer, Holland, Dragicevic

Emer - McGrath, Hyde, Vardy

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
This is our I'd line them up.

B : Newman - Gaspar - Zantuck
HB: Chaffey - Holland - A Kellaway
C : Blumfield - Coughlan - Tivendale
HF: Cameron - Richardson - Bowden
F : Krakouer - Ottens - Rodan

Foll: Stafford - Johnson - Campbell

Int : Hall - Fiora - McGrath - *smile*

Emg : D Kellaway - Fleming - Hilton

Basically I think most the team so far have been very close. I believe there's 21 most agree with being in the team and the rest is a toss up

EyeOfTheTiger

I'm a llama!
Jul 16, 2003
I'd go with any of those teams. There aren't many other options. The first 24 or so are good, after that anyone on the list is really just making up numbers.

Bulluss

Go the Mighty Tigers
Aug 11, 2003
Melbourne
Here we go, pretty similar to most peoples with slight changes.

B. Newman, Gaspar, Zantuck
HB. Chaffey, Holland, A.Kellaway
C. Bowden, Coughlan, Tiver
HF. Hilton, Richo, Blumfield
F. Krakouer, Ottens, Rodan
R. Staff, Johnson, Campbell
Inter(from): Hall, Draga, Cameron, McGrath, Rogers, D.Kellaway, Fiora

Obviously this would have all players playing at their best. Holland has showed that he can hold down the CHB position in the past, Hilton can take a grab and kick a goal but is a little too loose for mine to be in the back half. Even Rogers has the ability to damagin of the HF area.

Anyway hopefully we can add someone of the ilk of Luke Pwer to that list by the end of the year.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
B: Malthouse - Bourke - Sheedy

HB: Mopsy Fraser - Goodwin - Palm(fang)

C: Fiora - Raines - Woosha Welsh

HF: Mal Brown - Cloke - Ricky McLean

F: Lee - BT - Balme

Rucks: Dyer - Free - Weightman

Inter: Jess (particularly coz he didn't get off the hay bail) - McGhie - Maurice (Golden Gloves) Rioli - Scotty Turner

Since we can't change the coach and will get flogged every week, i'd like to at least see us win the fights.

Oh yea, Fiora so he can watch and at least learn how to look tough! Plus the team needed a bit more run!!!

tigerland

Can u dig it.....SUCKA
May 12, 2003
Melb
HB:Hilton/A Kellaway/Chaffey
C:Richardson/Campbell/Bowden
HF:Krakouer/Ottens/Tivendale
F:McGrath/Holland/Rodan

R:Stafford/Johnson/Coghlan
Bench:Hall/Fiora/Blumfield/Schulz

if were gonna be a good side in 2-3 years the boys in bold should be the only ones on our list at that time.

Trade/retire and delist the rest in next 2-3 yrs

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Rosy - I totally agree with you. Our best 22 is not that bad and should not be losing 10 out of its past 11 games - especially not to the likes of carlton, geelong, north and saints. The problem lies in the style of play we play in that we severly lack any sort of coherence.

I am very confident that a smart, tactical, attacking coach would get this outfit organised to the point that we could threaten the premiership in a couple of years while developing and injecting youth at the expense of the current fringe players we have.

I fear that RFC will tear apart the list and introduce a heap of youngsters who will be exposed to our current coach and his inability to develop them which will send us back even further behing the 8 ball.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
B: Zantuck Gaspar Chaffey
HB Newman Holland A.Kellaway
C Blumfield Johnson Tivva
HF Richo Ottens Bowden
F Krak Schulz Rodan

R Staff Cogs Campbell

I/C Hall MacGrath Cameron Dragga/Fiora

Emergencies: Fiora/Dragga D Kellaway Vardy Hilton Hyde Pettifer Rogers Houlihan Flemming Nichols King Mills Sipthorpe Biddiscombe

Thought may aswell show people who want to post just how badly it falls away after 22 and who you have left to select from.

Like Bullus said this is assuming all 22 are in form and playing well. But Campbell could go back or forward and change with Newman to give him on ball time. Staff and Otto are interchangeable in the ruck or at chf or ff.Schulzy is there on potential alone so may not be able to hold a key position down for us yet. Maybe put him at ff to create a contest for the crumbers (or a ladder for Marty if he comes off the bench) and that would allow Staff and Otto to change at chf and have Richo on a flank.
Would also like (if team balance allowed) to see guys like Newman Rodan and Zantuck be given time on ball. But only if they have guys like Johno Cogs Staff Campbo etc in there at the same time. What I mean is only have one young guy in the centre for the bounce so they don't get smashed and overawed by an older more experienced midfield. Thats why they should be used sparingly (unless they start to dominate a game) and in tandem with the more experiencede midfielders we have as mentioned above.

gdbarrett

Some more New-men please.
Jun 18, 2003
Albury
HB:Bowden/A Kellaway/Chaffey
C:Fiora/Campbell/Tivendale
HF:Krakouer/Holland/Blumfield
F:Stafford/Richardson/Rodan

R:Ottens/Johnson/Coghlan

Bench:Hall/Cameron/Vardy/D Kellaway

Emerge: Flemming, Houlahan, Rogers, Hilton

Shultz, McGrath, Dragga & Hyde should be played in the current environment, but wouldn't yet be in our best side. IMO

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Maybe we should get in a Feng Shui expert to balance our left and right footers. Let he/she pick the team that will allow for positive free flowing style of football that leaves one uplifted, fulfilled and ready to face the following week, with a smile, and the breezy care-free attitude of a WINNER! ;D

However, knowing our luck he/she would also want to put some Jade plants either side of the race and hang a mirror and a wind chime from the roof of the interchange bench. I am sure we don't need our guys to be able to see a mirror during the game aswell.

At this stage of the year it might just work. Maybe Danny could write to the chick in Womans Day ...... 'YeahNah well I have got this footy team you see, and it isn't any good.
It's energy is all wrong I would have thought and I was wondering what you could advise me to do, that would allow them, to play some positive, attacking, hard-running, disciplined, skillful, entertaining, accountable football. Because Mr M says I'm not allowed to have the boys grind the games out anymore,and I was reading the MISSUS' Womans day I thought yeahnah maybe that broad could help.

P.S Alot of people keep saying I have a lot of duds but I don't agree... I would have thought if I just gave 'em one more year that I could prove to everyone I was right about them all along. YeahNah so can ya help me out on that one to.

Yours Incompetently

Spudley

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
LMAO Tdog.

What he should do is go and have all the good players from our team cryogenically frozen and kept on base salaries until we are ready to threaten for a premiership (in 10 years) and then defrost them.

Brave New Spudworld.