Players Back Week By Week | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Players Back Week By Week

tigerland

Can u dig it.....SUCKA
May 12, 2003
Melb
B-Newman *smile* Chaffy
HB-Zantuck A.K Biddiscome
C-Pettifer Johnson Rodan
HF-Cameron Bowden Hilton
F-Kracker Vardy Nichols
Foll-Stafford Cougs Tiva
Int-Schiltz Flemming Fiora Rogers

If this is is the way our current line up is performing, hows it gonna be after the mid season break when all our guns are back and firing.
Well I dont think wheel be 100% free at that stage as knowone eva is but lets just pretent for now.
If you look below our Rd 12 line up looks great on paper: but we must be aware of two things:

1. When were back to full strength the players currently stepping up must continue to work hard and keep their foot on the gas and not relax by expecting the big names coming back to take all the load. Must be a 22 man effort round by round

2. Once richo and Otto reform the twin towers we must not become to 1 dimentional again and go to them every time. Play one of them up the ground, and as we are doing now kick to the best option. Must continue to look at the midfiers/defenders running into attack to create a loose man. If we do this then this will discourage flodding against the twin towers as they are not our only avenue at goals.

Our post mid-season break line up;

In: Campbell Out: Vardy
Richo Schiltz
Ottens Nichols
Holland Pettifer
Blumfield Rogers
Houlihan Flemming
D.K Biddiscome

B-Newman *smile* Chaffy
HB-Zantuck Holland A.K
C- Bowden Johnson Tiva
HF-Cameron Richo Rodan
F-Kracker Ottens Houlihan
Foll-Stafford Cougs Campbell
Int- Fiora Blumfield D.K Hilton

If we go into the break with a positive record then ill be expecting big things out of season 2003!

Thoughts?

Howdy tigerland, long time no see. :)

It's great to see the team as they are now compared to how they should be soon.

There is a mile of improvement to come looking at that.

I agree we'll have to manage the tall forward setup properly, but I think there's a new maturity around the place and hopefully they'll take that in their stride.

All the people that miss out will really have to perform to try and get back in, and that will have to benefit Coburg as well.

Better still the selected team will all have to be at their best or lose their spot. A luxury we haven't had for a while.

It is a strong looking list. Hopefully the new resolve around the place keeps up and we have luck on the injury front and we could be in for good things.

Go Tiges. :)

From your ultimate line-up I think Fiora would struggle to keep his spot in the team on current form. Also Hilton has been struggling of lat but played better last week. I think Nicholls showed a bit last week and could be a good player when fully fit. Also Biddiscombe surprised and could be a chance IF he continues like last week. Otherwise I would agree with that line up. A few polished performers in blumfield and houlihan is what our forward line needs. I would also agree with Dunc replacing rogers as our main tagger to play on the Buckleys and the Hirds.

Thanks Rosy, its been a while. I got a bit lost for a few months when the other site folded. Ive been checkin this site out for a while, just been to lazy to register.

Good to see this site is as popular as eva and love what the administrators have done, good work guys and gals.

Year I was at the game on Sat and Biddiscome did impress, his kicking was flawless.
Cant say the same about Pettifer. Was good to see him get the pill but just cant hit a yellow and black cheast, even from 25m away

Hi I'm on line at last.Your mid-season line up will not come true.Houlihan, Blumfield in, I don't think so. Flemming and Razor Hall will be in before these duds.Every one forgets Holland is slow,what is he going to be like with a bung knee?Every one bags Vardy (including me) but on saturday against good opposition he had 6 marks( which was in the top six)11 other players had more kicks than him,he was third in the shots at goal. If all had gone through for a goal he would be front page news with Krakouer, and most important he cost us only a quarter of the wages of the big names sitting in the grandstand or going to the free President Lunches. Some of these players arent even back in training yet ie Blumfield & Otto and wont be match fit for quite some time. ;D ;D