PLAYERS OUT | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

PLAYERS OUT

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
I have been calling this for 2 years now, but ill say it agin, following players need to go. Biddiscombe, D.Kellaway, King, Bowden, Pettifer, Fleming, Rodgers, Houlihan, Hilton, Mills.

Gas=pay cut please

Cheers

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
Gday Bunnerz,

There's probbably a couple we could add to that list. Problem is that AFL rules limit the number of players we can turn over in a season.

Oh - and the coach too.

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
Gday Bunnerz,

There's probbably a couple we could add to that list. Problem is that AFL rules limit the number of players we can turn over in a season.

Oh - and the coach too.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
I'd keep Duncan Kellaway. Plays with his heart and been loyal to us. Unfortunately been hit by injury the past two years. Too classy for get rid of.
I would personally replace him with Matthew (who gives a *smile*) Rogers. No effort, no heart, past his used by date.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
nwonash said:
I would personally replace him with Matthew (who gives a sh!t) Rogers.

Rogers is contracted until the end of next year.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
In that case, I hope Rogers enjoys playing the entire year for Coburg.
Let's see if there is another club stupid enough to agreed to take him.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
These players are simply not good enough and must go -

- Rogers
- King
- Biddiscombe
- Houlihan
- Mills
- Pettifer
- Nicholls
- Fleming
- Vardy
(As many of these as possible need to be delisted)

The following players are playing poorly due to Frawely's incapability as a coach to either play them in the correct position, give them enough game time, discipline them and due to his game plan -

- Bowden
- Richo
- Hall
- Hilton
- Hyde
- Dragga
- Blumfield
- Holland
- Fiora
(some of these need to be traded if we retain frawely in order to possibly get high picks, namely richo and joel.)

These players should retire

- Duncan
- Cameron

The players that have been able to play good under frawely are -

- Gaspar
- Ottens
- Chaffey
- Campbell
- Rodan
- Coughlan
- Krakour
- Johnson
- Tivendale
- Newman
- Zantuck
- Kellaway

Early days
- Schulz
- McGrath
- Sipthorp

mightytiges

Dec 16, 2002
Dean3 said:
MT, is that right about Rogers? We have him down as 2004 on our own contracts thread.

End of next year is 2004 Dean ;D ;)

mightytiges

Dec 16, 2002
Harry said:
These players are simply not good enough and must go -

- Rogers
- King
- Biddiscombe
- Houlihan
- Mills
- Pettifer
- Nicholls
- Fleming
- Vardy
(As many of these as possible need to be delisted)

The following players are playing poorly due to Frawely's incapability as a coach to either play them in the correct position, give them enough game time, discipline them and due to his game plan -

- Bowden
- Richo
- Hall
- Hilton
- Hyde
- Dragga
- Blumfield
- Holland
- Fiora
(some of these need to be traded if we retain frawely in order to possibly get high picks, namely richo and joel.)

These players should retire

- Duncan
- Cameron

The players that have been able to play good under frawely are -

- Gaspar
- Ottens
- Chaffey
- Campbell
- Rodan
- Coughlan
- Krakour
- Johnson
- Tivendale
- Newman
- Zantuck
- Kellaway

Early days
- Schulz
- McGrath
- Sipthorp

Would add Rory and Hyde to your first list Harry.

Blumfield had OP during pre-season and then was out for 10 weeks with the torn groin muscle. So can't blame Danny for that one.
Similar story with dragga. 2 knee recos in succession.
Wait to see a full pre-season this year before making a judgement.

Apart from that agrree with the rest of your assessement of the playing list.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
nwonash said:
Let's see if there is another club stupid enough to agreed to take him.

A 30y.o.+ on reasonably big money - I don't think so.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Lol mt, I'm already into next year, I'm way ahead of you! ;D Want the Tatts numbers for next Saturday? ;D ;D

Maskedman

Tiger Cub
Jul 21, 2003
Melbourne
RFC not KFC said:
Problem is that AFL rules limit the number of players we can turn over in a season.

I think you might find that the AFL stipulates that a minimum of 4 players must be turned over, there is no upper limit. I'm not advocating a massive purge, but am hoping for between 8 & 10 - I'll keep my thoughts to myslef as to who, but remember, you've got to give quality to get quality eg Torney for Johnson.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
I personally wouldnt mind if we turned 15 people over and picked up 15 kids. Sure, we'll finish at the bottom of the ladder, but in so doing we may uncover some good talent and if we dont we'll get good draft picks the year after.

But i'll be satisfied if they get rid of abotu 7 players, with a couple probably retiring.

Ruthless Tigers ?

Tiger Superstar
Aug 10, 2003
Hey guys agree totally with the lists above...BUT the question remains....who at Richmond knows the direction the club is heading in. Why would the 2003 post season trade and 2004 draft be any different to previous years. What we need is a coach with direction a coach with ideas and a coach with credibility. QUite frankly which quality player would seriously want to play for a coach with a current 33% success rate? Doesn't the coach direct the recruiting people?