Please help me on my supercoach team | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Please help me on my supercoach team

Hetti

Tiger Cub
Mar 30, 2007
I will have supercoach team this year for the first time. I am asking for brutal criticism or helpful suggestions. I have put a lot of cheap players in emergencies. Is this a mistake to play the game? I would put in Cotchin but he is $360 and Counsins is $465 (surely Cousins is overpriced then) but I have tried to stack the midfield with the cream.

Defenders:
1. Enright, C $544,500
2. Pratt, D $531,600
3. Waite, J $528,600
4. Malceski, N $355,900
5. Smith, J $314,400
6. Brown, N $274,600
7. Thursfield, W $253,000

23. Rance, A $94,200
24. Dawson, Z $87,400

Midfielders
8. Judd, C $594,500
9. Pendlebury, S $557,600
10. Deledio, B $550,400
11. Selwood, J $529,400
12. Richardson, M $525,700
13. Ziebell, J $134,200

25. Sidebottom, S $124,200
26. Jetta, N $94,200

Rucks
14. Cox, D $601,300
15. Kreuzer, M $324,600

27. Cordy, A $109,200
28. Spencer, J $83,400

Forwards
16. Franklin, L $576,000
17. Porplyzia, J $464,500
18. Koschitzke, J $422,200
19. Morton, M $375,000
20. Ebert, B $306,300
21. Neagle, J $227,600

22. Watts, J $174,200
29. Vickery, T $139,200
30. Ballantyne, H $94,200

Personally I would get rid of Thursfield and Brown from defence (and Waite but that's just cos he's burnt me in the past). Perhaps look at a bloke like Ricky Petterd and also Maguire from the Saints if he gets his body right in time for the start of the season. Reckon you'd get more points from those two than the two you've got listed and will also save you a bit of cash allowing you to upgrade elsewhere.

Mids are good with the possible exception of the big fella, I never get real old blokes as their value is likely to slide due to waning performance. Possibly consider Rich over Ziebell as his disposal is better so he's more suited to Supercoach, reckon Ziebell is more a Dream Team player. Also Laidley's not always good with giving youngsters a go.

Rucks: I personally wouldn't choose Kreuzer, mainly because I never pick second year players. The second year blues thing seems to apply to fantasy sports pretty well. Perhaps go with Ottens who doesn't cost that much more and if fully fit will score a fair bit better than he did last year.

Forwards: Not convinced by the selection of either Ebert of Neagle, particularly Neagle; young key forwards tend to really struggle unless they're freakishly good and Neagle's not that. You might get small improvements out of them but not that much I wouldn't think. Ebert might be okay if Port play more like they did in 07 than last year, but he doesn't do enough for mine. If you like Ziebell maybe put him on the ground in your forward line instead of Neagle and have Rich in the middle. Would free up some cash for you too. Also don't forget blokes like Gumbleton and Mitch Brown (WCE) who are bargain basement prices this year and if fit will both definitely play.

Bench: Rookies are a complete waste unless you know they are going to play (Nahas for us could be a chance, but he seems to be the only one at this stage). They won't make you cash or get you any points as an emergency if you need them too, so you should flick Dawson and Spencer. In defence you could look at a bloke like Suban from Freo who will probably get a game and costs just 94k. Not sure how much game time Cordy will get, and the better sides don't tend to play their draftees as much as the worse off sides. Also I'd look at either of Currie or White from Sydney due to the retirement of Everitt.

That's about it from me, plenty of time to make changes before the start of the season anyway.

Braddles,

Thank you very much for your good advice. I will look into it very deeply no doubt, but there is plenty of time as you say.

Richardson might get better delivery this year. He is not really a midfielder after all. He's a tallisman, he has to be in there.

Mids: Rich I would prefer, but I think I picked Ziebell for money reasons mostly.

Rucks: Ottens didn't score highly on champion data last year. He may be better this year, but I guess he is one of those players always plagued by injuries.

Forwards: i like Ebert, he's clever, I remember how he cut us up in 2007. As for Neagle, I agree, and thank you for your tip.

Bench: yes, perhaps Nahas. Its so hard to identify any cheepies that are going to contribute at all. Cordy they say is still recovering. Thanks for the other tips.

Don;t entirely agree on Neagle - Matt Knights is already on the record as saying he'll be played, along with Gumbleton.

It'll be a hard start to the season again for Supercoach. With Rich/carl kicking off the season on the Thursday - teamlists will be flexi-squads at best, so be careful about picking 1st year players cos they may not play. Freo's Hill looked good to play for mine.

Wait for Rookies to play two games before ever selecting them.

Doesn't Ebert have a head/neck issue?

Agree with Braddles - go for White from Syd, but not Currie.

For what it's worth :)

Whats everybodys thoughts on Rich? After watching the game the other night im not sure he is going to get the game time to start him on the ground ala Palmer last season. Masten is a little the same ,not sure he will get the game time.

Im tossing up on Gilmore in the ruck, Freo dont have a second ruckman of any note and this guy can play in the mid as well. But he didnt get a game the other night. My prob is if i pick another more expensive ruckman i will have to give up Cox!!

In the forward line Yarren appeals but game time is again an issue

mtench
i wouldnt jeopardise cox cause of a second string ruckman. must have cox in ur team if thats how its gonna work out. my opinion anyway

keepa lids onit said:
mtench
i wouldnt jeopardise cox cause of a second string ruckman. must have cox in ur team if thats how its gonna work out. my opinion anyway
yeah u might be right, maybe leuenberger or clark from brisie might be worth a punt as a second ruck. should get 50 points a game out of eigther of them surely, and around the same price. might be a last min decision.

do you think raines is going to get the same amount of game time or play the same role when mc muffin comes into the side?

Got the little black book with the hun today, didnt tell me anything i havent figured out for myself over the last couple of years! Was hoping it would give more info on each player and opinions on game time this year.

yeah gonna get a copy but sounds like nothing special.
might have to see if raines keeps playing nab games and mcmuffin doesnt. or if he drops rains this week for mcmuffin. that might indicate where terry is at.....

Hi PRE's

Looking for some PRE's and fellow Tigers to join my league for SuperCoach to fill some spots! Anyone and everyone welcome to join from PRE! Good Luck!

League code: 407574

If you would like me to join your league to fill in some numbers for your comp, just message me and I will return the favour!

Regards James