Podcasts | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Podcasts

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Given we have a TV shows thread about time we had a podcast thread.

If there is already one then mods can merge. I love freakonomics and their most recent episode is one for any fan. Just fascinating to look at yourself as a fan, maybe develop some empathy for @The Big Richo around umpiring (~10 mins in)and also how drive to survive has created fans in F1.

My favourite is a pod that spawned off freakonomics called people I mostly admire.

https://feeds.simplecast.com/rP60Wf24

I tend to listen to all the Richmond pods (talking tigers, big footy and Richmond tiger talk (best for nerds))

Revisionist history by Malcolm gladwell also fun.

Reactions: 1 user

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
This thread has some suggestions

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I only listen to A-League related podcasts (The Global Game, FVS, AL Official Pod, Box 2 Box). I’ve tried some AFL pods (Footyology, etc), but it doesn’t do it for me. Haven't tried any of the Richmond Pods. might try next season.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
I only listen to A-League related podcasts (The Global Game, FVS, AL Official Pod, Box 2 Box). I’ve tried some AFL pods (Footyology, etc), but it doesn’t do it for me. Haven't tried any of the Richmond Pods. might try next season.
TAlking Tigers is the fun one. Positive vibes.
Richmond Tiger Talk has all your stats including things like expected scores and love of ruck men.
BIg Footy is blokes in the outer but also nabs some good interviews with former players as well. Tiger71 is pretty good with his potential trade info. Was on Taranto and lynch well out. 1 year plus.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Ross Stevenson’s pod lRoss Recommends” is a belter.

30 minutes of three things in life he is enjoying. Has a guest for each thing.

Simple, easy listening and Melbourne based. Could listen to Stevenson’s prattle on about anything.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Titus O’Reilly has a ripper new podcast with Mick Malloy, where Titus tells some of the funniest sports stories you’ll hear.
There’s one about Young Griffo, Australia’s greatest boxer you’ve probably never heard of. Some great baseball, NFL, racing stories as well

Reactions: 2 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
BBC Sounds App has truckloads of interesting podcasts....
Currently listening to Obscene: The Dublin Scandal. ... it's about 2 seemingly random killings in 1982.

Reactions: 2 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
BBC Sounds App has truckloads of interesting podcasts....
Currently listening to Obscene: The Dublin Scandal. ... it's about 2 seemingly random killings in 1982.
Yeah I’ve been listening to that over the last few days - a bloody good story

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Titus O’Reilly has a ripper new podcast with Mick Malloy, where Titus tells some of the funniest sports stories you’ll hear.
There’s one about Young Griffo, Australia’s greatest boxer you’ve probably never heard of. Some great baseball, NFL, racing stories as well

I’ve been listening to these. Seems Titus does all the work and research and mick just tagging along for the ride. But yep some real characters out there - the NFL star who literally set himself on fire to make parties more interesting - not sure he would have made it through Covid protocols.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I’ve been listening to these. Seems Titus does all the work and research and mick just tagging along for the ride. But yep some real characters out there - the NFL star who literally set himself on fire to make parties more interesting - not sure he would have made it through Covid protocols.
That podcast would be better without Molloy and just Titus telling the stories.

DanMinogue

Tiger Rookie
Mar 22, 2013
Love my cricket and it's history, so The Final Word with Geoff Lemon and Adam Collins is my go to, their Story Time weekend show where they receive a cryptic cricket related number from listeners we're they try to solve it, it always leads to a fascinating story from cricket's rich history. Adam's a bit of a tool at times but their research and knowledge is terrific

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
TAlking Tigers is the fun one. Positive vibes.
Richmond Tiger Talk has all your stats including things like expected scores and love of ruck men.
BIg Footy is blokes in the outer but also nabs some good interviews with former players as well. Tiger71 is pretty good with his potential trade info. Was on Taranto and lynch well out. 1 year plus.
I always listen to talking tigers in the car going to and from work. Richo talking about his beloved Tigers is always worth a listen.
It is positive vibes but I also enjoy the ex players, Balmey coming on every couple of weeks and the vfl report.
Greeners has the best repertoire of Dad jokes as well !!

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Just listened to the first 2 episodes of The Confession.
Vaguely remembered the reporting of the murder in Kew, but didn't recall the aftermath.... will be fascinated to hear how it all ends... if it has!