Political correctness & other nonsensical rubbish | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Political correctness & other nonsensical rubbish

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
rosy3 said:
Was sitting in a waiting room at a large hospital this week when a news update came on the telly. It was about the woman accused of deliberately driving her car into the water and killing her kids. One bloke piped up "Should shoot the lot of them". The silence was palpable. People focusing on their phones or magazines clearly not comfortable with the comment. Bad taste, his right to express what he feels or political incorrectness?

Brainwashed zombies. Barely a word heard or spoken on a train nowadays.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Harry said:
Too busy posting on PRE

Yeah, I blame Rosy for this. She opened this forum 13 years ago, and has now facedbook me in. It's a chronic disease that will never go away....

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Classic PC gone mad. Sydney Telegraph ran front page story that Cheltenham Girls school banned use of term 'girls' in favour of gender neutral terms. Backed up with outraged editorial. Miranda devine wrote it without talking to any parents or staff at the school. None of it was true. Apparently a junior teacher had suggested in a meeting that some students don't like term 'girl' and maybe use different term for them.. Wasn't approved, kyboshed at meeting. School denied it and said it was still called a Girls school. Telegraph has refused to retract story or apologise, even though its generated massive social media hate, saying the NSW education dept is covering it up. that people, is PC gone mad 101.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
tigersnake said:
Classic PC gone mad. Sydney Telegraph ran front page story that Cheltenham Girls school banned use of term 'girls' in favour of gender neutral terms. Backed up with outraged editorial. Miranda devine wrote it without talking to any parents or staff at the school. None of it was true. Apparently a junior teacher had suggested in a meeting that some students don't like term 'girl' and maybe use different term for them.. Wasn't approved, kyboshed at meeting. School denied it and said it was still called a Girls school. Telegraph has refused to retract story or apologise, even though its generated massive social media hate, saying the NSW education dept is covering it up. that people, is PC gone mad 101.

The best thing about the new PC (anti-PC) crowd is that they believe every PC outrage unquestioningly.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
antman said:
I think I'm agreeing with you ... but it is confusing.

Sorry I was a bit oblique, just making point that exposing the truth of a PC gone mad outrage generally gets ignored. People keep believing what they want to keep believing, whether its PC gone mad, climate change is a conspiracy for scientists to get more funding, whatever.

Its clear from the way Murdoch front pages the PC gone mad stories or similar, and puts the inevitable apology, retraction, clarification in a tiny box on page 12.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Student Body Vice President Suspended After Saying "#ForgetBlackLivesMatter, More Like AllLivesMatter"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2016/08/01/student-body-vice-president-writes-a-forget-black-lives-matter-post-and-a-university-erupts/

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
some nonsensical rubbish for you:

Archie Roach got a traffic fine, at his own funeral

:bash

Ran a red light in the hearse and i doubt he was wearing his seatbelt

I knew someone once who almost got hit by a funeral motorcade. The doctor said it was only because they were going 10km/hr and had their lights on that he wasnt bruised. Just 20 metres to the right, and he would probably have had to stop walking. And that was a white funeral procession.

I reckon its great when police get out there and catch the real criminals.

They should deport his remains to NZ.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
some nonsensical rubbish for you:

Archie Roach got a traffic fine, at his own funeral

:bash

Ran a red light in the hearse and i doubt he was wearing his seatbelt

I knew someone once who almost got hit by a funeral motorcade. The doctor said it was only because they were going 10km/hr and had their lights on that he wasnt bruised. Just 20 metres to the right, and he would probably have had to stop walking. And that was a white funeral procession.

I reckon its great when police get out there and catch the real criminals.

They should deport his remains to NZ.

Gotta love the pedantics....

Reactions: 1 user

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Don't have much sympathy for the hearse driver. Different if the procession is halfway through the intersection and people are trying to keep up, but driving the hearse through is just going to encourage others to follow.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Don't have much sympathy for the hearse driver. Different if the procession is halfway through the intersection and people are trying to keep up, but driving the hearse through is just going to encourage others to follow.
Doesn't traffic naturally stop when these processions take place? As they move slowly, could've been a case where the driver passed the green (or yellow) and then the light 'quickly' flashes back to red well before they have crossed the intersection. I've seen a lot of lights flash in a millisecond from green to red.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Doesn't traffic naturally stop when these processions take place? As they move slowly, could've been a case where the driver passed the green (or yellow) and then the light 'quickly' flashes back to red well before they have crossed the intersection. I've seen a lot of lights flash in a millisecond from green to red.

It's only an offence if you enter the intersection on the red isn't it?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
It's only an offence if you enter the intersection on the red isn't it?
It would be but the way VicRoads acts nowadays, even I wouldn't know. I suppose the driver felt unsure on what to do or wasn't concentrating.....who knows. Maybe thought it would be waived for a funeral.