Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Politics

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
kyuss said:
What an embarrassing night for the country. A hillsong church goer voted in as prime minister by the public. HILLSONG!

I think you are just having a fairly friendly crack at the happy clapper side of Christianity ... but no mention of his treasurers minority religious standing.
The ALzp caucus must be a riot ...hard core atheists in lock step with hard line Catholics.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Brodders17 said:
Queensland should secede, or be booted.
The LNP would have lost, 1 nation, (and Malcolm Roberts) wouldnt be in Parliament, and the Suns wouldnt be in the AFL. Win/win/win.

You kidding, how about win/win/win/win: Fitzroy can return to Fitzroy :fing32

SpaceAce said:
Its one big scam and a religion!
Australia contributes to 0.000012% of CO2 in the atmosphere. The radical activists want to turn the economy on its head for nothing.

Tigers by 15 points!

More lies, we emit 1.3% of the world's emissions with 0.3% of the world's population, and per capita are the 11th highest emitters. I suppose we shouldn't have bothered turning up to WWI and WWII either, after all, too small a contribution to make a difference.

Oh, and Tigers by 36 ya numpty.

DS

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
evo said:
Shortens running style cost him dearly.

This!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Andytwit123/status/1123767308470706177

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
DavidSSS said:

More lies, we emit 1.3% of the world's emissions with 0.3% of the world's population, and per capita are the 11th highest emitters. I suppose we shouldn't have bothered turning up to WWI and WWII either, after all, too small a contribution to make a difference.

Oh, and Tigers by 36 ya numpty.

DS

36 kerching. I had the 40+ margin going until Bakers torpfailed to launch.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
22nd Man said:
36 kerching. I had the 40+ margin going until Bakers torpfailed to launch.

Failed to launch is generous, time to get a lesson from Stack. I did like the way everyone, including Baker, laughed as it made no difference.

DS

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
DavidSSS said:

DS
Why do we emit 1.3% DS? Is it offset by other countries I wonder,.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
HR said:
Why do we emit 1.3% DS? Is it offset by other countries I wonder,.

Wow, big question, I suspect many factors - reliance on fossil fuels for electricity (this will reduce as old coal fired power stations close due to old age, Hazelwood was left running for years longer than its predicted lifespan), reliance on fossil fuels for transport (lots of road freight that could be on rail which could be powered by renewables, plus a lot of internal air transport which could be reduced but distance remains an issue), Land clearing isn't helping. Lots more too. The frustrating thing is that we could be making huge amounts of energy with solar panels, solar collecting, wind (why no offshore wind?) tidal power and the like - this will happen but it will happen later than it could have. While we're making all this energy we could be exporting it, plenty of customers just North of us, it's an opportunity waiting to be seized but we argue about keeping old fossil fuel power stations going while we could be creating a fabulous economy for the future.

Clearly the wealthy countries emit more since we use more energy which is why our contribution is higher, so we contribute more to the problem than we should given our population. This also means we can make more difference per capita and given the renewable resources in this country we can contribute other countries emitting less and help our economy at the same time.

DS

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
DavidSSS said:
Wow, big question, I suspect many factors - reliance on fossil fuels for electricity (this will reduce as old coal fired power stations close due to old age, Hazelwood was left running for years longer than its predicted lifespan), reliance on fossil fuels for transport (lots of road freight that could be on rail which could be powered by renewables, plus a lot of internal air transport which could be reduced but distance remains an issue), Land clearing isn't helping. Lots more too. The frustrating thing is that we could be making huge amounts of energy with solar panels, solar collecting, wind (why no offshore wind?) tidal power and the like - this will happen but it will happen later than it could have. While we're making all this energy we could be exporting it, plenty of customers just North of us, it's an opportunity waiting to be seized but we argue about keeping old fossil fuel power stations going while we could be creating a fabulous economy for the future.

Clearly the wealthy countries emit more since we use more energy which is why our contribution is higher, so we contribute more to the problem than we should given our population. This also means we can make more difference per capita and given the renewable resources in this country we can contribute other countries emitting less and help our economy at the same time.

DS

Keep electing Luddites and I don't see how any of this happens.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
KnightersRevenge said:
Keep electing Luddites and I don't see how any of this happens.

Don't worry, we're the Lucky Country, we will plan nothing, act late and come out winners. I'm not joking here, I reckon we have been very lucky at times. When we stopped riding the sheep's back, we started something else, had a mining boom and somehow we still manage to stay a wealthy country.

All of this is very fortunate as you are correct, we keep voting luddites into power.

As someone who went to uni with Shorten: people are saying that he just didn't connect with the Australian people, this is so not a surprise. Even his concession speech brought new meaning to the word wooden, a tree would have trouble being that wooden and would certainly show more signs of life. You need a decent leader to win government. Not the only reason they lost but a fair part of it.

DS