Poll: Is it too early to call "Season Over?" | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Poll: Is it too early to call "Season Over?"

Poll: Is it too early to call "Season Over?"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Some will say i am being overdramatic and/or alarmist after 5 rounds. but I do not think we can win the flag from here. At best perhaps we could snag 7th or 8th, but even that will be a struggle.

I know teams have gone on to win the flag from worse position that we find ourselves in, but I think we have too many deficiencies to turn it around.

- 4th quarter fadeouts.
- Slow in transition and getting back behind the ball.
- Turnovers galore.
- Midfield getting destroyed every week.
- Can’t stop opposition momentum.
- Frustration boiling over into discipline issues.
- Some of the older players look shot.

For the first time in 6 years we are going into a game where we know we have no chance. its a shock to the system.

Reactions: 1 user

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I saw enough in round 1. Unfortunately our top players are no longer hungry and our hungry players are not our top players.

Last year was a good draft haul by the look of it. Need another one of those this year and a few years of development and we should be challenging again.

Also think we need to look at investing more on our development program for next year. It hasn't been that important last 5 years but now it is and the development guys are not good enough IMO. Remember when Chocco was in that role? Reckon we need someone of that calibre with a few support coaches around the main guy

Reactions: 1 users

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Some gave us no chance against the Dogs with our outs

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Season is over for anything meaningful, we rolled the dice to try and get away with another season with the mature agers (plus bringing in a 32 yr old) and it hasn’t worked.

Trouble is now that it’s too early to “play the kids” as you’d have your older stars playing VFL or retiring which isn’t a good look. So I imagine we,ll keep going with our best 23 (on paper ) and maybe “playing the kids” in the last few rounds. In the mean time we,ll eke out 8-10 wins for the season.

Reactions: 3 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
How many here tipped the Hawks to beat Geelong? Or the Tiges to beat the dogs?Reckon we are due to upset the undefeated this week.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
We aren't challenging and we aren't rebuilding. Just drifting towards something or other in late August.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
We aren't challenging and we aren't rebuilding. Just drifting towards something or other in late August.

last years draft says we have an eye to the future. But i think we'll be in full rebuild mode come the end of the season.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Season certainly not over.
If we beat Melbourne this week we could be back in the 8

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Yes, it's way too early to call the season over. However we look like we're going to struggle to get in the 8 without a major rethink on how we approach centre clearances.
That's been a problem for us for a long time. I can't see it being changed without personnel changes or existing personnel having an epiphany on how to play the game.
We're not playing like an upper echelon club. If we don't change that, season is over.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Unless Martin gets back and is fit and in form then we will struggle.

Melbourne this weekend then a series of games where, if we are to be there this year, we need to win nearly all of them.

Can make a call by the bye l reckon

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Will need Melbourne to get injuries, dusty to return and list pretty healthy. Even then still only a small chance.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
It feels like it’s all over for me ,

More than happy to be wrong though

DanMinogue

Tiger Rookie
Mar 22, 2013
Our best is still top 8, Melbourne is obviously a huge challenge but no team is unbeatable. Injuries will always be our achilles heel, but I expect nothing worse than 13-9 come September

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Yep. It's definitely season over and......hang on.......just saw Duz walk in.....

Reactions: 2 users