Poll: will you download the COVIDSafe app? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Poll: will you download the COVIDSafe app?

Will you download the COVIDSafe app released by the government?

• Yes

• No

• I'll wait a bit and see what other people are going to do first

Results are only viewable after voting.

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Interesting info I found out regarding how the app. it's being randomly checked by authorities on movements of people who venture beyond 20K.

Was talking to a friend at work and advised me one of his close friends have to travel a bit far to do a quote.
The person went over 20km away from home. A few days later received a message for him to confirm the reason of this particular movement!
(wasnt sure if he couldnt that he would be fined or this is false or not). Been told its purely random they check that is conducted on individuals.

Has anyone else heard anything similar?

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Interesting info I found out regarding how the app. it's being randomly checked by authorities on movements of people who venture beyond 20K.

Was talking to a friend at work and advised me one of his close friends have to travel a bit far to do a quote.
The person went over 20km away from home. A few days later received a message for him to confirm the reason of this particular movement!
(wasnt sure if he couldnt that he would be fined or this is false or not). Been told its purely random they check that is conducted on individuals.

Has anyone else heard anything similar?
Your friend's friend is probably a victim of a hoax.

Sorry TBR, just saw your post.

Reactions: 1 user

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
I have a 4 year old samsung galaxy with latest update. The Covidsafe app is not compatible with the phone. I can't access the app. Laughable really that there has been mention of this. Many people have androids and will be in the same position. Needs 6.0 version but in Australia the Samsung phone only has 5.1......

So no. I will not be downloading the app!
Telstra Tough also runs on Android 5 and is also non compatible. Seems the assumption is that we all change our phones out for a shiny new one every 6 months or so.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Telstra Tough also runs on Android 5 and is also non compatible. Seems the assumption is that we all change our phones out for a shiny new one every 6 months or so.
This is the same with new mygovID app ...that you need to access your business ATO records and BAs etc..... My Samsung is fine fir everything I need it for but no our mighty giv knows better...or thinks we are all public servants who update their phones every year. Of course ATO don't give a *smile*.. Yet another cost imposed on business by our overlords.

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Australians have a deep-seated distrust of big brother collecting data about their personal lives, as exhibited during the Australia Card controversy in the 80’s. But if anyone finds it useful or interesting that on Sunday night LTRTR went to the supermarket, and on Wednesday he went to the post office and on Friday he went to the bank, good luck to them. A burglar, perhaps.